Silence glyph does not reduce spirit resist, despite claiming too in the card

Prsn_ManThing

Silence glyph claims in the card that it reduces spirit resist of the target, however does not specify a value. went to test by how much and found it actually does not reduce spirit resist at all. In this clip I gave the abrams bot max level and spirit armor to give it spirit resist to take and the damage is the same with or without silence glyph. Looks like a bug to me but could just be an incomplete feature for the item
View attachment sclience glyph.mp4

I just tested this out - this is not a bug with spirit armor in particular.

and I've found a reliable way to replicate this on multiple characters.

With silence glyph, it looks like if you do not hit the enemy you cast it on with spirit damage within the first 25% of the ability duration, then it does not give you bonus damage. Unsure if this is intended and it's just not in the tooltip or if it is a bug.

Attached video of testing this with dynamo, and as lash.

View attachment 2024-08-16 14-09-07.mp4

I just tested this out - this is not a bug with spirit armor in particular.

and I've found a reliable way to replicate this on multiple characters.

With silence glyph, it looks like if you do not hit the enemy you cast it on with spirit damage within the first 25% of the ability duration, then it does not give you bonus damage. Unsure if this is intended and it's just not in the tooltip or if it is a bug.

Attached video of testing this with dynamo, and as lash.

View attachment 10974
I tried your method, I don't think that's what's happening. I think the number you're looking at is the cumulative damage of both the silence glyph activating and the ability being added together because they are happening at roughly the same time, versus when you wait a second to hit the ability they are not added together. in your dynamo example, the glyph does 168 and the shockwave does 117, equalling 285. this is the same damage you get when you do them in the first 25% of the glyph. I tried the same thing in the range on an abrams with improved spirit resist and lash 1 did 49+83 for the glyph, equalling 132 which was the same damage I got doing them together as fast as I could
View attachment Deadlock - 2024-07-05 14-53-33.mp4

Last edited:
Back