Shop items order is inconsistent

whatis

I believe shop items was ordered by name. It was consistent when it was in English. The new translation has changed the order a bit too much due to the new names. This immediately breaks the clicking habit of affected players.

Also the order does not follow any rules that is obvious to human, possibly due to crude string comparison.

1724991196907.png
1724991678269.png

Obviously there are different approaches to improve this, but I am not sure which one is ideal:
* Add sorting key for each item per language, so sorting can be handled by the translation team (for example, the translation team can decide to sort by pinyin or bopomofo order as they see fit)
* Use the English text as the sorting key to make sure the order is consistent across languages
* Also I guess the sorting key can be hand crafted, then devs can decide the order, which also comes with the benefit of consistent ordering in the event of an item name change.

Personally I think keeping the order consistent across languages could be worth it even if it would not make obvious sense to non-English users. Would love to see what other play-testers think.

Back