Role Label for existing Heroes [QoL Addition]

sifmist

Picking character seems overwhelming at first when starting out and I think it'd be easier to label Heroes to a certain role that can give them more of an identity what to expect out of them for new entry players and allows easier memorization who is what and what they do.

Using common MOBA terms and terms/description taken from Paragon/DOTA
I might get the heroes role placements wrong and feel free to point them out.
I know this is more of a suggestion than a brand new hero idea, but this is the only hero sub-section I can post this idea here and can probably also help out other people as well to give them a sense of idea of a new hero! Who knows

Attacker
Attackers Heroes deal a large amount of damage using basic attacks and skills.
- Abrams
- Bebop
- Lash
- Seven

Assassins / Initiator
Abilities that allow them to create and exploit favorable conflicts with out-of-position and solo Heroes. They will improve team map control and vision as a result.
- Pocket
- Vindicta
- Haze
- Gray Talon

Roamer
Heroes that Assist their fellow teammates for their needs and role of ganking enemy heroes.
- Inferus
- Warden
- Haze

Support
Heroes that have abilities that assist their teammates or initiating status effects toward enemy heroes
- McGinnis
- Mo & Krill
- Paradox
- Dynamo
- Ivy

Burst
An exchange for greater power means lower defense. These Heroes initiate burst of damage but leaves them vulnerable
- Yamato
- Wraith
- Lady Geist

Rough Example:
AssassinDeadLock.jpg

I like this idea, but if it was to be implemented rather than limiting each hero to one role it might make more sense to do what dota does and have bars for multiple roles/traits.

View attachment 19047
Never played Dota but I love this already! I love how flexible all of Deadlock's heroes are so this definitely seems like the perfect fit to show people what they do at a glance.

Back