Remove the separation of the RU and EU servers

scottdane88

In the evening, it is impossible to find a game on the russian server in VHS lobby. You have to wait for 30 minutes in the search. And some russians play on european servers with VPNs. That is, soon all european servers will be with russians anyway. Therefore, there is no point in making them separate

The problem is serious not only for VHS, separation without the possibility to change the language region is very harmful for players. many of my friends from russia speak English and want to play on eu, but have to use vpn for games.

Last edited:
Why all the people who say that Russians should play on the Russian server or in general ban them from the game write this.
This offends me greatly you are acting like racists.
My grandmother is Russian - but I live in the EU why should I be offended?

Please do NOT. Please ENFORCE server location restrictions. Ban Russians who use VPNs to bypass any sort of location restrictions.
I use VPN every game and a lot of russians do (including all of the CIS streamers who popularize it), gl bro and enjoy playing with us ;) We don't wanna wait for 30 minutes to queue in high elo to play with same people all day long.

So let me get this straight. You are using vpns to play on EU servers. You cannot find any matches on Russian servers. So maybe, if it was restricted to use vpns, you would eliminate this issue and also we won't be forced to play with toxic players that should not be playing with us in the first place.

They should play on Russian servers.
Problem is, they can't. Because they cannot find a game because there's not enough players at certain hours to que match.

Saying like Russian should play only on Russian servers is like saying that all countries in Europe should play only on their own servers (aka French have to play only on France servers, Spanish only on Spain servers and etc.)

Problem is, they can't. Because they cannot find a game because there's not enough players at certain hours to que match.

Saying like Russian should play only on Russian servers is like saying that all countries in Europe should play only on their own servers (aka French have to play only on France servers, Spanish only on Spain servers and etc.)
No, it is not. Not every country in EU has its own server. And we would have 0 problems with this, if Russian players weren't more toxic, less cooperative, and refusing to communicate in common language most players speak, being English. Communication is really key in this game. This spoils experience for all non Russian players found in the lobby. This trend was greatly observable in CS:GO, and i believe it still is in CS 2, although i never played it, so cannot confirm.

The difference is that most people from European countries can speak English, while russians will yell at the top of their lungs and insult you if you ask them to speak English. Every match, I’m forced to listen to their language and their shouting. On top of that, they often deliberately ruin the game by stealing jungle and AFKing after

The amount of Russians playing with VPNs and trolling every game is awful. It's not as bad as CS2 yet but without any control it will be, and Russians are the reason I quit playing that game.

So let me get this straight. You are using vpns to play on EU servers. You cannot find any matches on Russian servers. So maybe, if it was restricted to use vpns, you would eliminate this issue and also we won't be forced to play with toxic players that should not be playing with us in the first place.
You judge a person regardless of his knowledge of english or willingness to play a good game just because of his ethnicity, that is the definition of racism. But not only are you proud of being racist, you encourage developers of the game to follow in your example and explain why that is a good thing. Actually disgusting.

Why all the people who say that Russians should play on the Russian server or in general ban them from the game write this.
This offends me greatly you are acting like racists.
My grandmother is Russian - but I live in the EU why should I be offended?
Racist is term used for racial segregation. Russians are the same race as Europeans so your comment seems to be just attention seeking crying.

People don't want to play with Russian players because of toxic comms and not anything else. How do i know this? I speak Russian and English, and quite often when I make game related call-outs in English (on EU Server), a Russian player will say something along the lines of "Shut the fuck up" on a broken English or in Russian.

Sincerely, past Dota 2 player

Back