Recovering from a successful parry takes too long if the parry was tight timing

jjtParadox

In match 12131127 I was able to anticipate some of the opponent Abrams' melee attacks and parry them. However, for a couple of the parries, I wasn't able to have control of my character until a few long moments after the successful parry.

I could see the Abrams stunned on the ground and couldn't do anything 😭

Probably intended. You cant cancel parry or else it will be really bad for melee system. It has fixed duration, even when you parry.

If its intended to have delay after a successful parry than its just stupid. The parry system in general already has to many draw backs e.g. being locked in place when used + cooldown.

There should be no drawbacks for a successful parry.

If its intended to have delay after a successful parry than its just stupid. The parry system in general already has to many draw backs e.g. being locked in place when used + cooldown.

There should be no drawbacks for a successful parry.
guy who charging heavy melee cant cancel it either, only redirect it. You are supposed to parry when heavy melee animation starts with flash. Right now its balanced mostly.

guy who charging heavy melee cant cancel it either, only redirect it. You are supposed to parry when heavy melee animation starts with flash. Right now its balanced mostly.
Animation starts, you parry, person with charged attack flicks and evades your parry. You are still locked in your spot due to parry, enemy starts charging again and hits you nonetheless.

I dont really see where that is balanced.

Animation starts, you parry, person with charged attack flicks and evades your parry. You are still locked in your spot due to parry, enemy starts charging again and hits you nonetheless.

I dont really see where that is balanced.
If you dont want to a risk/reward scenario, just dodge. If people so easily flicked and parried, it would be fixed to some extent in latest update. You are biased, thats it.

Back