Pulse Grenade arena indicator is inaccurate.

Gormaoife

Paradox's Pulse Grenade AoE indicator is inaccurate when casting then flicking the mouse.

This is probably due to there being a very small delay between actually throwing the grenade, and the projectile coming out after throwing.

For comparison, Lady Geist does not have this issue as her Essence Bomb projectile comes out instantly.

Here are two comparison videos between flicking on Paradox while casting Pulse Grenade, and flicking on Lady Geist while casting Essence Bomb.

View attachment project8_GtSXypnzqJ.mp4
View attachment project8_0Dlxh5DoyR.mp4

Can confirm this is still an issue. I think this affects targeting indicators in general. They display before the ability begins, but changes in camera angle or position during the cast time affects the release. This is not a problem in something like dota due to players being inactionable during cast times.

For targeting indicators to be accurate, the targeting indicator should "lock in" an arc or destination upon the beginning of the cast that remains regardless of any camera or position changes in the brief cast time. This may have odd edge cases, but overall should feel much more responsive.

IIRC this was fixed in https://forums.playdeadlock.com/threads/07-11-2024-update.10871/

"Fixed the following abilities changing their launch direction if the player snapped their camera quickly during the cast time: Ivy's Kudzu Bomb, Paradox's Pulse Grenade, Warden's Alchemical Flask, Vindicta's Stake, Alchemical Fire (T3 Weapon item)"
You're totally right, I was testing Pulse Grenade in something unrelated and noticed what I thought was still this behavior but turns out it's just recoil affecting the camera. My bad, good on you for pointing that out.

Attachments

Back