Poor controller support

gallimore9

So first off, I understand that this is a PC game and native support will be for keyboard users with controllers being an afterthought, but I'm a controller exclusive player and using an Xbox elite controller series 2 core and using the Steam input Translation. I've only just started the game and jumped into Hero training and instantly found issues with the support. First unable to use Esc menu it pops up for a fraction of a second. Second, you can jump onto the transport line with RB, but are unable to jump off early. Third, unfortunately there are too many key bindings for the controller to support, for example I didn't realize you could reload manually till I went into the settings. If you are looking to eventually provide full controller support, I would suggest assigning one of the buttons on the controller to be a shift of sorts that would change the functions of the rest of the buttons. For example, the face buttons A B X & Y are the character abilities, but if you hold RB they all become Item 1-4.

Back