Ping remains bound to old key despite rebinding

Shrimp Wheeler

I accidentally bound ping to a button I don't want a day or two ago and it's been stuck now. I've tried:
-Re-binding it to another key
-Un-binding it
-Resetting keybinds to default
-Turning off steam cloud and deleting all files with "config" and "keybind" in the name in the deadlock local files
-Restarting after each of the above
-Reinstalling the game

It stays bound. Here's a video of me with ping NOT BOUND and using ping with the button.
View attachment clip_1,724,460,733,981.mp4

Game is unplayable in this state and I'm out of ideas for how to fix it without.... cleaning my registry?

Last edited:
Yo I'm a bit confused about your video, it shows you unbinding Ping, but using the "Mouse/Chat Wheel", and not the Ping?

Ping is what you use to highlight locations or enemies, it looks nothing like the "Mouse/Chat Wheel".
The "Mouse/Chat Wheel" is the thing you're using to say "Going in", "Headed to Orange"

What happens when you unbind the mouse wheel (option above Ping in keybinds)?

I tried to reproduce it, but I can unbind both the ping and chat wheel just fine.

Yo I'm a bit confused about your video, it shows you unbinding Ping, but using the "Mouse/Chat Wheel", and not the Ping?

Ping is what you use to highlight locations or enemies, it looks nothing like the "Mouse/Chat Wheel".
The "Mouse/Chat Wheel" is the thing you're using to say "Going in", "Headed to Orange"

What happens when you unbind the mouse wheel (option above Ping in keybinds)?

I tried to reproduce it, but I can unbind both the ping and chat wheel just fine.
It is bringing up the mouse chat wheel because that is what happens when you hold the ping button down. It is definitely the ping button. I honestly didn't even realize there was a way to bring up the wheel other than the ping button.

But I realize it does look like that video might have me holding the properly bound chat wheel button. Here is a video where I have NEITHER bound and am able to do both via my ghost ping button.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back