Performance

jackgreene

I find the game incredibly fun, but it's tough to enjoy when the frame rate drops below 60fps.

Given the game's fast-paced nature, many players will struggle to keep up with those who have higher-end systems.

Since this game aims to compete with top MOBAs and FPS titles, maintaining high performance is crucial to ensure a level playing field for all players.

I doubt that optimising isn't on the agenda. It's currently in a closed alpha(?) state where core gameplay is being worked on. I wouldn't expect performance optimisation to be happening quite yet.

I doubt that optimising isn't on the agenda. It's currently in a closed alpha(?) state where core gameplay is being worked on. I wouldn't expect performance optimisation to be happening quite yet.
Yeah I understand that of course, just think it should be more of a priority as it must be hard to balance the game if everyone isn't experiencing the same performance.

Obviously. Welcome to early access. Is this a performance bug having to do with the recent patch? Or are you letting everyone know you play on a toaster? I do agree that there can be issues at times, but it's to be expected.

My bigger question is i saw some people have really smooth FPS, my fps is fairly smooth im just suffering from wierd micro-stutters. Any idea what causes them?

I found that microstutters I'd get in Dota2 or CS2 are caused by processes halting the CPU in the background. I would look to make sure you don't have any open browsers open like MS Edge/GChrome/OperaGX running as even if they have sleeping tabs enabled or "power efficiency" features on, they tend to take up precious resources that would be better suited to playing this source 2 title.

Try also pruning any non-essential services using msconfig -> startup tab, (or if you're advanced, msconfig -> Services tab). Some apps like OneDrive or Google Drive like to do background syncs every once in a while. Hope this helps!

I found that microstutters I'd get in Dota2 or CS2 are caused by processes halting the CPU in the background. I would look to make sure you don't have any open browsers open like MS Edge/GChrome/OperaGX running as even if they have sleeping tabs enabled or "power efficiency" features on, they tend to take up precious resources that would be better suited to playing this source 2 title.

Try also pruning any non-essential services using msconfig -> startup tab, (or if you're advanced, msconfig -> Services tab). Some apps like OneDrive or Google Drive like to do background syncs every once in a while. Hope this helps!
I keep my computer fairly clean of bloat so OneDrive ect. arent much of a problem.
I do sometimes have Firefox or Spotify running in the background but even after closing them the microstutters stay.
I didnt try to lower my graphics settings/play and around with them properly yet I'll try that tommorow. If anything changes will update.

Back