PATCH NOTICE: Stay up-to Date With the Latest Changes

I really appreciate the work you did here, the camerawork and editing are great! I know once the game releases, we are probably going to get an influx of players asking how the game changed during the closed testing phase, so this will be a great reference for them.

(And before people start clamoring about the videos being on YouTube, they are unlisted.)
Unlisted still is shareable, which is a breach of the terms required from the testers.

@Yosh! When did the terms and conditions of Deadlock change and why is there favoritism before the game is even launched?

There are ways to upload videos and share them on the forums without having it attached to a YouTube channel for potential public sharing. Sharing Deadlock content is against what is asked of us each time we launch the game or when we first got invited. (Meaning no podcasts, no patch videos, no gameplay.)

We are supposed to wait for the game to be officially released, unless there was a change none of us were notified about? Please keep the same standards towards everyone. I'm all for Jacky making videos but keep it private like is asked from all of us.

"Do not share anything about the game with anyone." screenshot below for reference / reminder.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    375.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Unlisted still is shareable, which is a breach of the terms required from the testers.

@Yosh! When did the terms and conditions of Deadlock change and why is there favoritism before the game is even launched?

There are ways to upload videos and share them on the forums without having it attached to a YouTube channel for potential public sharing. Sharing Deadlock content is against what is asked of us each time we launch the game or when we first got invited. (Meaning no podcasts, no patch videos, no gameplay.)

We are supposed to wait for the game to be officially released, unless there was a change none of us were notified about? Please keep the same standards towards everyone. I'm all for Jacky making videos but keep it private like is asked from all of us.

"Do not share anything about the game with anyone." screenshot below for reference / reminder.
Yoshi has answered on Discord saying unlisted videos is okay and I don't really see the issue. Only people on the forums/discord knows about it and arguing that it's shareable is strange. Technically, everything on this forums or discord is shareable if you really think about it. The whole point is not sharing it with the public and it being unlisted is still consistent with it not being public.

No one is gonna say anything if you posted videos unlisted/privately while keeping it exclusive to people with access to the game. Not sure why you're acting bitter about "favoritism."

all .mp4 clips stored in the forum are actually shareable too lol...

I also fell in love with this game. To be honest, I don't understand why the developers forbid broadcasting the game. It would be possible to introduce people to the game through streamers and distribute access. I really want to start streaming the game on Twitch. I see that many people are already doing it, but I don't want to get banned. Allow me to make content and stream the game openly as soon as possible.

I believe that the game already works as it should. It is completely playable and replayable. It is unlikely that anything will change at the global level in the game. The idea itself is clear, and it already works 100%. So, I do not understand why Valve is trying to hide everything when there are already many videos on YouTube and Twitch. It's obvious that the system isn't very well-working, and you need to give access to content creators to do their job. All other big gaming companies collaborate with Twitch drops, but for some reason, Valve Denies it.

I believe that the game already works as it should. It is completely playable and replayable. It is unlikely that anything will change at the global level in the game. The idea itself is clear, and it already works 100%. So, I do not understand why Valve is trying to hide everything when there are already many videos on YouTube and Twitch. It's obvious that the system isn't very well-working, and you need to give access to content creators to do their job. All other big gaming companies collaborate with Twitch drops, but for some reason, Valve Denies it.
The developers/creators of the game feel like their work is still not in a state where it should be showcased to the public…. I don’t see how that’s hard to understand and should be respected. It’s like showcasing a song or movie that’s unfinished, it can potentially turn some people off. They'll want everyone to share content when they are 100% proud of what they’ve accomplished.

The developers/creators of the game feel like their work is still not in a state where it should be showcased to the public…. I don’t see how that’s hard to understand and should be respected. It’s like showcasing a song or movie that’s unfinished, it can potentially turn some people off. They'll want everyone to share content when they are 100% proud of what they’ve accomplished.
When did Dota 2 leave the Beta branch?(She was in beta for 2 years) Are we waiting for the game to enter the stable branch, and then we will only play the game and make videos about it?

Thanks for this, I really like the map differences too, nice touch.

You only get one chance, especially in this anti-live service climate with so many recent flops. On top of that, Valve hasn't really been doing great with their recent releases and the whole TF2 drama. CSGO2 is still controversial and is another overwatch "2" according to some saltier people, Artifact flopped, Underlords was basically abandoned, ALyx was great but locked to VR which made a lot of people sad, angry, or both, etc.

Unless they're releasing that mysterious totally not HL3 game first, this is going to need to not be a lukewarm launch, but a banger of one. I think the base foundation is already fantastic too but I also know why they're waiting for ultrapolish and who knows what else, games like this will pretty much decide their entire future within their first day save for very few exceptions.

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for all the positive response to Patch Notice & Dead Air following the shout out from Yoshi!

Here's the latest episode of Dead Air where me and Blank deep dive into the 7th of August patch, Impromptu Deadlock D&D and hear our reactions to Yoshi's shoutout!

Here's your daily dose of Deadlock trivia: Did you know that the Rejuv will turn your Candle Troopers into Super Troopers and give them 50% extra HP?

Default Candle Troopers_5.2.1.pngSuper Candle Troopers_5.2.2.png

They even have a cool beefer model, if you didn't know why your troopers would sometimes change during games - now you do!

Back