Parry Bug

Trivvy

At first I just thought it was a fluke, but this has happened to me multiple times now.

The bug:
A punch will sometimes go through a parry, as if it wasn't there.

I even questioned my opponent about the parry, and those that actually respond do admit that they saw their fist hit my parrying character, and not get parried.

I'm not sure if it's a latency thing (in which case, my opponent wouldn't see the parry), or if the parry window doesn't match up with the animation. It tends to occur when the parry is JUST before the punch connects.

Essentially, if you time your parry to try and parry just before the punch connects, there's a good chance it might not work, this seems unintended.

I think there is ongoing problems with melee hit registry. Whenever I check the replay it looks completely different to what I saw in game, with parry conveniently being milliseconds late. Once it got so bad that I parried 2 seconds early then watched an Abrams fall over stunned after he punched me long after the parry window had passed.

Can confirm that there are issues with the parry since the latest major patch.

If abrams punches a minion (and you while parrying) the parry will not trigger in one of the more obvious ones I've ran into. I used to do this all the time with my minions, but now it only works around 50% of the time.

Might be related to melee charge or other items abrams players usually buy.

Back