New Hero Idea: Valeria

IgorNL

Movement speed scales with spiritual power.

Skill 1 – Rending Strike
Description: Valeria unleashes a devastating strike in an arc in front of her, dealing high spiritual damage to all enemies hit.
Cooldown: 14 seconds
Upgrades:
- Reduces the cooldown by 4 seconds.
- Heals for 20% of the damage dealt by the skill.
- Deals 12% of the enemy's current health as additional damage.

Skill 2 – Lightning Blade
Description: Valeria transforms into a bolt of pure speed, dashing in a straight line for up to 20 meters. Enemies in her path take spiritual damage. After the dash, Valeria gains +30% movement speed.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Upgrades:
- Reduces the cooldown by 4 seconds.
- Enemies hit have their spiritual resistance reduced by 10% for 6 seconds.
- Applies a bleed that deals damage based on the target's current health, 3% of their current health per second for 6 seconds.

3. Lightning Sunder
Description: Valeria slashes the air in front of her with an energy-infused blade, creating a rapidly advancing sunder. The sunder deals high damage to all enemies in a line.
Range: 18m.
Sunder Width: 2m.
Cooldown: 25 seconds.
Upgrades:
- Deals 10% of the skill's total damage per second for 4 seconds.
- Reduces cooldown by 7 seconds.
- Creates an electrical explosion on impact, dealing bonus damage in a small area around the impact.

Ultimate – Executioner's Blade
Description: Valeria dashes toward the target enemy, delivering a deadly blow that deals massive damage.
Range: 34m
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Upgrades:
- Deals 15% of the target's maximum health as bonus damage.
- Eliminating the target will heal you for 20% of your maximum health.
- Eliminating the target will reduce the cooldown by 50%.

1726423375379.png

Last edited:
Not a fan of characters that only use a single stat (spirit in this case). It limits the build and play options of a character.

Most of the abilities are also already in the game on Shiv and Yamato.

Not a fan of characters that only use a single stat (spirit in this case). It limits the build and play options of a character.

Most of the abilities are also already in the game on Shiv and Yamato.
1. The skills are completely different from Yamato and Shiv, And the game needs new melee characters, I like the melee gameplay but the current options don't please me, I currently play Shiv but a character like Valeria would please me much more.

2. You can make builds focused on other elements. You are not required to build Spirit, but just like other characters, there will be a build that is better than the others. For example, you will not make a Spirit build for Haze. You will make a Ballistic Damage build because it is better. The same goes for Valeria. You can make a Ballistic Damage build, but it will not be better than the Spirit build. Each character is focused on one element, so it makes no sense to say that you do not like characters that use only one element when all the characters in the game are like that.

1. The skills are completely different from Yamato and Shiv, And the game needs new melee characters, I like the melee gameplay but the current options don't please me, I currently play Shiv but a character like Valeria would please me much more.
Rending Strike - Strike in an Arc and heals 20% hp.
Yamato - Crimson Slash: Slash enemies in front of you, damaging them and slowing their fire rate. If any enemy heroes are hit, you heal.

Lightning Blade - Dashing in a straight line dealing damage.
Shiv - Slice and Dice: Perform a dash forward, damaging enemies along the path.

Ultimate – Executioner's Blade - dashes toward the target enemy, delivering a deadly blow that deals massive damage.
Shiv - Killing Blow: leap towards an enemy hero and instantly kill them if their health is below the kill threshold, otherwise deal 200 damage to them.

If completely different means having 3 out of 4 abilties practically copy pasted,... then i guess they are different for you.
It would be nice to have another melee character, there is nothing wrong with wanting that. But i prefer something a bit more unique ability wise.
You are not required to build Spirit, but just like other characters, there will be a build that is better than the others. For example, you will not make a Spirit build for Haze. You will make a Ballistic Damage build because it is better.
1. If all abilities focus solely on Spirit damage scaling, there is not much of a choice to do otherwise. Most characters have multiple build options, for example Vindicta can be build as full spirit damage, scaling her bird, flight bonus damage and ult. It will be a poke damage build, while going for pure weapon damage and firerate would benefit her main gun damage more. McGinnis also has 2 very clear builds, one with turrets and one with her main gun. Ivy is another character that has a very strong gunbuild, but Spirit scaling with Kadzu bomb is just as effective, but a completely different playstyle. 7 also has both a gunbuild and AoE ability build, very different playstyles.
I highly prefer characters that can have 2 build options to keep the game fresh, since thats what makes most of the current characters replayable.

Each character is focused on one element, so it makes no sense to say that you do not like characters that use only one element when all the characters in the game are like that.
2. This is an open forum for suggestions, feedback and discussions. Ofcourse it makes sense to share your thoughts on something. And as explained characters dont just focus on a single element.
Having a character concept worked out to have multiple build options is the most interesting for the game, especialy for melee focused characters that already have limitations.

For me this concept is not that.

Rending Strike - Strike in an Arc and heals 20% hp.
Yamato - Crimson Slash: Slash enemies in front of you, damaging them and slowing their fire rate. If any enemy heroes are hit, you heal.

Lightning Blade - Dashing in a straight line dealing damage.
Shiv - Slice and Dice: Perform a dash forward, damaging enemies along the path.

Ultimate – Executioner's Blade - dashes toward the target enemy, delivering a deadly blow that deals massive damage.
Shiv - Killing Blow: leap towards an enemy hero and instantly kill them if their health is below the kill threshold, otherwise deal 200 damage to them.

If completely different means having 3 out of 4 abilties practically copy pasted,... then i guess they are different for you.
It would be nice to have another melee character, there is nothing wrong with wanting that. But i prefer something a bit more unique ability wise.

1. If all abilities focus solely on Spirit damage scaling, there is not much of a choice to do otherwise. Most characters have multiple build options, for example Vindicta can be build as full spirit damage, scaling her bird, flight bonus damage and ult. It will be a poke damage build, while going for pure weapon damage and firerate would benefit her main gun damage more. McGinnis also has 2 very clear builds, one with turrets and one with her main gun. Ivy is another character that has a very strong gunbuild, but Spirit scaling with Kadzu bomb is just as effective, but a completely different playstyle. 7 also has both a gunbuild and AoE ability build, very different playstyles.
I highly prefer characters that can have 2 build options to keep the game fresh, since thats what makes most of the current characters replayable.

2. This is an open forum for suggestions, feedback and discussions. Ofcourse it makes sense to share your thoughts on something. And as explained characters dont just focus on a single element.
Having a character concept worked out to have multiple build options is the most interesting for the game, especialy for melee focused characters that already have limitations.

For me this concept is not that.
Saying that Valeria's skills are the same as Shiv's or Yamato's is the same as saying that Haze's and Shiv's knives are the same. Yes, both skills throw knives, but their effects are different. Otherwise, any character that has a weapon and shoots is the same. After all, they are doing the same thing: shooting.

Sleep Dagger (Haze)
Throws a dagger that causes damage and puts the target to sleep.

Serrated Knives (Shiv)
Throws a knife that causes damage and slows an enemy.

Did you compare Rending Strike to Crimson Slash, just because they both damage enemies in front of you? Crimson Slash is the same as Lash's Ground Attack: Stomp on the ground below you, damaging enemies in front of you. Just because they are similar doesn't mean they are the same. It's like saying that all humans are the same, after all, they are all human, right?

1. Shiv, Bepop and many other characters scale their skills only with spiritual power. Bepop in particular is unfeasible to make a build that is not spiritual power, imagine a ballistic damage build for him lmao, you can even make a ballistic damage build but it will be much inferior, nothing prevents you from making a ballistic build on Valeria, her skills also scale damage with the enemy's life since she has upgrades that cause additional damage based on the enemy's life so she scales even without spiritual power, you also gain movement speed and healing from your skills, so you can make a ballistic damage build for Valeria, but you will not take advantage of the character's maximum potential and the same happens with other characters in the game.

I appreciate your feedback, but what you're saying doesn't make sense, if we were to apply what you're saying, 90% of the characters wouldn't have been released because they would have skills "the same" as other characters or wouldn't scale their skills with other attributes.

Valeria's proposal is to be a glass cannon melee character, unlike Shiv who is focused on survival, Valeria would be focused on causing damage, that's why she has no defensive skills, at most her dash that can be used to run away, but all her skills are focused on damage, while Shiv has the bleed that makes him a "tank" character delaying the damage received, giving him time to heal and being able to remove part of that damage by activating the skill, Valeria would be a Burst Damage character unlike Shiv who causes damage over time with his knife and then finishes the opponent with slice and dice + his ultimate.

We currently don't have any character with this proposal of being a melee glass cannon, Valeria would be a very interesting character in the game's scenario.

Did you compare Rending Strike to Crimson Slash, just because they both damage enemies in front of you?
No i compared your ''Rending strike'' to Yamato's ''Crimson slash'' for the following similarities;
- Both us a sword to attack.
- Both attack in a arc/cone in front of them.
- Both heal the user.
- Both have a heal that scale based on the damage dealt.
- Both have a cooldown of 10 seconds or less between uses.
Differences;
Rending strike deals percentage based damage, and is therefore stronger than Crimson Slash.

With abilities that are this close together without adding unique elements to it, it might as well be a carbon copy.
What makes it that you dont like Yamato's Crimson Slash, but you think you do like this version?

No i compared your ''Rending strike'' to Yamato's ''Crimson slash'' for the following similarities;
- Both us a sword to attack.
- Both attack in a arc/cone in front of them.
- Both heal the user.
- Both have a heal that scale based on the damage dealt.
- Both have a cooldown of 10 seconds or less between uses.
Differences;
Rending strike deals percentage based damage, and is therefore stronger than Crimson Slash.

With abilities that are this close together without adding unique elements to it, it might as well be a carbon copy.
What makes it that you dont like Yamato's Crimson Slash, but you think you do like this version?
1. Rending strike is more focused on damage, crimson slash does almost no damage, it is basically just to reduce the enemy's firing rate.
2. Rending strike heals based on the damage dealt, crimson slash heals based on your maximum health
They are similar skills but with completely different purposes.

Back