More Items should build into higher tier items

No I dont agree at all, in league everything builds besides 3 items and everything is a stat stick (Just gives you more stats) in dota 2 items are well versed, do actives, counter heroes, change ur playstyle. Most importantly you can set the tone, if you wanna dominate early game and spend 1250 on an item, you shouldn't be rewarded and let it build into a late game item, this is the rational

No I dont agree at all, in league everything builds besides 3 items and everything is a stat stick (Just gives you more stats) in dota 2 items are well versed, do actives, counter heroes, change ur playstyle. Most importantly you can set the tone, if you wanna dominate early game and spend 1250 on an item, you shouldn't be rewarded and let it build into a late game item, this is the rational
What is it that you don't agree with? All items able to upgrade?

Probably we'll have an Item Overhaul at some point which might make the situation better in some ways, worse in others. Right now, yes, we have a ton of low and high tier items, and (with the exception of Spirit) many of them don't level into one-another. Yet, with the introductory of HVM and Headhunter, we probably WILL get more items that not only are levelable, but ALSO unique. Compared to items like 'Basic Mag' and 'Headshot Booster', HVM is bullet SPEED which plays into particular units especially. Of course this means some upgrades will be useless and others will be meta, but that is the case with many upgrades already; and as well, counter-builds and counter-items mean there really isn't a true meta, save for being able to trap enemies in spawn.

Though yes, more upgrades. However, I don't want it to be 'all 500s go to all 1250s go to all 3000s go to all 6300s' because the idea of a non-full roster in early and mid game makes the lategame planning more appealing. I would like to see some 500 > 3000 item pairs similar to HVM and Headhunter, as well as 1250 > 6300 items like SB > Silencer, as these are not full-push upgrades like Boundless Spirit and thus actually requires extra plan-ahead if your game may exceed 25 minutes.

Back