Keybinding bug after latest patch

wowroller

Seems as though certain keys are just unable to be bound to the "upgrade ability X" keys. I didn't have an issue with this prior to the patch, using shift as my Ability 2. I'm assuming this is due to the changed behaviour in the Tab and Alt key behaviours you mentioned in the patch notes?

Basically, I can play and use shift as my ability but I'm unable to create the binding 'Alt + Shift' for upgrading an ability. It just doesn't register the shift.

I thought this might just be an understandable problem with the menu (sorta hard to solve without guessing which one of these is supposed to be the modifier), but I just tried forcing this through the config and even putting this in there doesn't work, regardless of whether SHIFT or CTRL are bound to anything else.
Code:
        "AbilityUpgrade2"
        {
            "Key"        "SHIFT"
            "Modifier"        "CTRL"
        }

(What you could do however is write an alias for it. Though I don't know what the input commands for the ability upgrades are. )

Last edited:
I found the way how u can do some custom key binds without console.

Example: by default, key binds for upgrading skills - "LEFT ALT" + 1, 2, 3, 4.
And key bind for "Scoreboard" - "TAB".
If u try to change key binds using TAB - the game will not allow that.

BUT, if u try to bind "Scoreboard" to "LEFT ALT" (this will unbind "Extra Info"), then u can bind upgrading skills using TAB + 1, 2, 3, 4.
After that u can revert bind for "Scoreboard" to "TAB" and "Extra Info" to "LEFT ALT".

I think, in this way u can try do some unusual binds like "LEFT ALT" + "R" or "LEFT ALT" + "SHIFT".

I hope it can be useful for you!

Back