Issue with Linux users having horrid performance

mrljica3

This is a issue with Ubuntu Linux users, where (Vulkan) shaders take over 2 hours and have horrid performance (5-15 fps max) even if they have high end graphical cards and high end CPU's. My pc specs are a gtx 1660 ti and a core I7 9th gen. I have asked other users with higher end components and they report the same issue.
As setting the graphical settings on the lowest possible settings we have gotten about 5-15 fps, it was the common acurance between us.

Now for the actual fix: TURN OFF PROTON

NO VERSION OF PROTON IS SAFE!!!

I hope this will be useful for somebody. GL

While I've found some other games suffer from a performance drop when you skip Vulkan shader processing, in my experience with Deadlock you can simply skip the shader processing step without a big performance drop. Over a number of patches, waiting for or skipping the shaders doesn't seem to make a difference in my frames overall.

Playing via Proton (on Manjaro) with an RTX 3060TI / Ryzen 5 3400G (the latter of which often kills my performance), I tend to get 40-60fps in quiet parts of the game, and hovering just under 30fps - on medium-high settings, 2k resolution.

I'm not sure if this is helpful but perhaps it's worth a try.

Also, it's a development build so I'm only assuming things like performance optimization will come at a later stage, when more of the base game is released / completed, and additionally when there are more player hardware stats to use as an optimization guide.

Back