"Manjaro Linux" (64 bit)
Kernel Name: Linux
Kernel Version: 6.9.3-3-MANJARO
X Server Vendor: The X.Org Foundation
X Server Release: 12401000
X Window Manager: KWin
Steam Runtime Version: <Runtime disabled>

Video Card:​

Driver: Intel Mesa Intel(R) Arc(tm) A770 Graphics (DG2)
Driver Version: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 24.0.9-manjaro1.1
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 164 Hz
VendorID: 0x8086
DeviceID: 0x56a0
Revision Not Detected
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 3840 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 20.87" x 11.81" (23.98" diag), 53.0cm x 30.0cm (60.9cm diag)
Primary VRAM Not Detected

Sound card:​

Audio device: Loopback Mixer

Memory:​

RAM: 32025 Mb

VR Hardware:​

VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:​

UI Language: English
LANG: en_US.UTF-8
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 127931 MB
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 21983 MB

Storage:​

Number of SSDs: 2
SSD sizes: 1000G,1000G
Number of HDDs: 0
Number of removable drives: 0
Compare Your HardwareClose
1719079718774.png1719079760055.png

Last edited:
Oh, yes, the ARC video card can really give out such jokes. The game is currently in beta, so a lot of things may not work
Try to follow the steps described in another thread, and you can continue the dialog there

Good news/update, I guess. With the game being public now, someone finally filed a Mesa Linux driver report and it seems like Intel engineers will try and look into the issues from their side starting Monday.

It seems that the merge request is submitted, but it needs "manual action". Is there an option to somehow persuade people in charge to take a look at the merge request?

At this point, there was no action for more than a week, so i decided to fix the issue myself.
Note that I'm using arch, so some package names can differ depending on your distro.

Open the console and clone into the mesa repository using git (install git if you don't have it):
Bash:
git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa.git
This will create a new directory in ~ folder (your home folder). Go in there with:
Bash:
cd mesa
Now, you need to get the changes with the code 31042 that fix the bug. This is how you do it:
Bash:
git fetch origin merge-requests/31042/head
This might not be necessary, but just in case it helps, change the branch to something other than main, like deadlock-branch:
Bash:
git checkout -b deadlock-branch
Git gave me an error for the next command because my name wasn't set. I've set it to spkry with:
Bash:
git config --global user.name "spkry"
Now, the fetch command put all the changes into the FETCH_HEAD, but now we have to merge it with:
Bash:
git merge FETCH_HEAD
Now, you'll have to compile mesa. This will take some time and CPU power, it took me less than 10 minutes with Ryzen 5600G.
Before that, you need to install some packages that will be necessary to compile. For me these were:
Bash:
paru -Syu rust-bindgen libclc python-yaml clang llvm-libs spirv-llvm-translator
Meson will give you errors and tell you which libraries are missing if you're still missing some. Search on the internet to find out which packages provide those libraries.
Now, these commands will compile mesa into your chosen directory, for simplicity this will be ~/mesa/install. Though the full path must be used, per mesa documentation. Change [username] to your own username, of course.
Bash:
mkdir install
meson setup build/ -Dprefix="/home/[username]/mesa/install"
meson install -C build/
Now, put this into your startup options:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/[username]/mesa/install/lib" VK_DRIVER_FILES="/home/[username]/share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json" %command%
Do note that these directories and the name of the icd file depend on your platform, maybe. For me, while mesa documentation says the directory should be lib64, it was lib. Since we all have a problem with intel, then we use the file that's in share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json. I tried intel_hasvk_icd.x86_64.json, but it didn't launch.
Now the game should work, though it did crash for me when using -vulkan renderer, so make sure to use -dx11.
Here's mesa documentation if you want to verify:

Last edited:
At this point, there was no action for more than a week, so i decided to fix the issue myself.
Note that I'm using arch, so some package names can differ depending on your distro.

Open the console and clone into the mesa repository using git (install git if you don't have it):
Bash:
git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa.git
This will create a new directory in ~ folder (your home folder). Go in there with:
Bash:
cd mesa
Now, you need to get the changes with the code 31042 that fix the bug. This is how you do it:
Bash:
git fetch origin merge-requests/31042/head
This might not be necessary, but just in case it helps, change the branch to something other than main, like deadlock-branch:
Bash:
git checkout -b deadlock-branch
Git gave me an error for the next command because my name wasn't set. I've set it to spkry with:
Bash:
git config --global user.name "spkry"
Now, the fetch command put all the changes into the FETCH_HEAD, but now we have to merge it with:
Bash:
git merge FETCH_HEAD
Now, you'll have to compile mesa. This will take some time and CPU power, it took me less than 10 minutes with Ryzen 5600G.
Before that, you need to install some packages that will be necessary to compile. For me these were:
Bash:
paru -Syu rust-bindgen libclc python-yaml clang llvm-libs spirv-llvm-translator
Meson will give you errors and tell you which libraries are missing if you're still missing some. Search on the internet to find out which packages provide those libraries.
Now, these commands will compile mesa into your chosen directory, for simplicity this will be ~/mesa/install. Though the full path must be used, per mesa documentation. Change [username] to your own username, of course.
Bash:
mkdir install
meson setup build/ -Dprefix="/home/[username]/mesa/install"
meson install -C build/
Now, put this into your startup options:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/[username]/mesa/install/lib" VK_DRIVER_FILES="/home/[username]/share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json" %command%
Do note that these directories and the name of the icd file depend on your platform, maybe. For me, while mesa documentation says the directory should be lib64, it was lib. Since we all have a problem with intel, then we use the file that's in share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json. I tried intel_hasvk_icd.x86_64.json, but it didn't launch.
Now the game should work, though it did crash for me when using -vulkan renderer, so make sure to use -dx11.
Here's mesa documentation if you want to verify:
you should be able to run vulkan with PROTON_HIDE_NVIDIA_GPU=0 PROTON_ENABLE_NVAPI=1
it doesn't run as well as dx11 though

edit:
for me it was
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/cake/mesa/install/lib64" VK_DRIVER_FILES="/home/cake/mesa/install/share/vulkan/icd.d/intel_icd.x86_64.json" %command%
it does seem to work

Last edited:
Back