input bug

kaalalalalal

Hi, I've encountered some kind of a bug, I think it appeared after the last update. When Im joining sandbox/or just a game if I press tab it keeps showing like Im pressing it, but I dont, I've just tapped it. And if I press w - I go backwards. and same with a s d. Nothing can fix that, rebooting PC, rebooting game - nothing

Exactly the same problem. I couldn't even manage it by reinstalling the game and changing the cfg folder. I have already managed to change everything to the initial values and back. It started this morning, because last night I could still safely control my character. I note that the game downloaded some files before launching. They may be the problem.
As well. I'm adding a video from the heart shot for friends, but it won't be superfluous to share it here either. That not only I have such a topic, but many times.

Attachments

Try this:
  1. Close the game
  2. Disable Steam Cloud for Deadlock (right click in Library list > Properties… > General)
  3. Open an Explorer window, go to Steam\userdata\[YOUR_USER_ID(IT'S_THE_LONG_NUMBER)]\1422450\remote\cfg, and delete citadelkeys_personal.lst
  4. If you ever did custom binds through the console, might want to delete user_keys.vcfg one folder up as well
  5. Start the game

Nothing can fix that
Try this:
  1. Close the game
  2. Disable Steam Cloud for Deadlock (right click in Library list > Properties… > General)
  3. Open an Explorer window, go to Steam\userdata\[YOUR_USER_ID(IT'S_THE_LONG_NUMBER)]\1422450\remote\cfg, and delete citadelkeys_personal.lst
  4. If you ever did custom binds through the console, might want to delete user_keys.vcfg one folder up as well
  5. Start the game
Doesnt help :/

Try this:
  1. Close the game
  5. Start the game
didnt help

I've replied to similar threads with this issue today. Unfortunately this fix doesn't change anything for me.
Try this:
  1. Close the game
  5. Start the game

This is the 2nd patch where this has happened to me, last one happening a bit ago when the new minimap was added.

They seemed to have fixed it once, but this small patch they released today brought it back and made the game unplayable for me. I hope they figure out what causes it.

From what I can tell, this issue isn't a config issue but something a bit more fucked up than that. Considering the inputs will stick, reverse, be ignored etc.

Try this:
  1. Close the game
  5. Start the game
didnt help

Try this:
  1. Close the game
  5. Start the game
didnt help

Try this:
  1. Close the game
  5. Start the game
my game is also broken.

I've replied to similar threads with this issue today. Unfortunately this fix doesn't change anything for me.

This is the 2nd patch where this has happened to me, last one happening a bit ago when the new minimap was added.

They seemed to have fixed it once, but this small patch they released today brought it back and made the game unplayable for me. I hope they figure out what causes it.

From what I can tell, this issue isn't a config issue but something a bit more fucked up than that. Considering the inputs will stick, reverse, be ignored etc.
I began to suspect the processor of this. Now is the time when intel processors question many games, because they have become unstable enough so that almost all problems can be tied to them)) HAHPHHAHPHA. But if you look at the truth, then I have more FPS with broken controls). Maybe this is some kind of optimization point that did not correctly identify third-party hardware due to a different load on the core?

I began to suspect the processor of this. Now is the time when intel processors question many games, because they have become unstable enough so that almost all problems can be tied to them)) HAHPHHAHPHA. But if you look at the truth, then I have more FPS with broken controls). Maybe this is some kind of optimization point that did not correctly identify third-party hardware due to a different load on the core?
I'm getting paranoid.. I think it may be a matter of the processor. Because the game freezes at the moment of the first pressing of the WASD keys and then hangs. The laugh is that before that, this game could only load 6 cores of my processor, and bypassed the others. Now I see how the entire processor is consumed and it is clearly visible that with certain actions it loads almost to the maximum and does not reach its maximum frequencies..

Attachments

I do happen to have an Intel CPU, and one a bit on the older side (i7-6700k)

If anyone else does have this issue, if they could confirm whether or not that they also have an Intel CPU, that could honestly help to maybe find out whats going on. I'll lose my shit if this happens to be an optimization issue for Intel CPU's lmao

I'm getting paranoid.. I think it may be a matter of the processor. Because the game freezes at the moment of the first pressing of the WASD keys and then hangs. The laugh is that before that, this game could only load 6 cores of my processor, and bypassed the others. Now I see how the entire processor is consumed and it is clearly visible that with certain actions it loads almost to the maximum and does not reach its maximum frequencies..
I note that after reviewing it myself, I see that for the most part it is the cores and not the threads that are used. But when a lag occurs, everything is loaded. Previously, this did not happen, before that only 6 cores were loaded, regardless of whether they were streams or the cores themselves. Now I'm going to try to get rid of hyper trading in my BIOS

If anyone else does have this issue, if they could confirm whether or not that they also have an Intel CPU, that could honestly help to maybe find out whats going on. I'll lose my shit if this happens to be an optimization issue for Intel CPU's lmao
I have a 12500h laptop processor with a new core separation. He's always a problem. So I remember exactly how he behaved in the beginning and how he behaves now. I'll try with the BIOS right now and let you know in more detail if it helped.

Def not intel's cpu problem, I have ryzen 5 5600 and still have this problem :D

Def not intel's cpu problem, I have ryzen 5 5600 and still have this problem :D
At least something pleases. But the CPU load has really changed. There is also an assumption that this may be due to the settings vidio.txt and a custom cfg. as for the processor, I will add that disabling additional cores and disabling hyper trading did not affect the game in any way, but I noticed a feature that the game itself began to choose the number of cores that it would use from the number of fps. So when setting 60 fps, it shows me the load on only 4 processor cores, although it used to be for everything and just less. Perhaps the problem is in the game itself and it is worth waiting for a solution. I will try many more options, if I find a solution, I will write here!

At least something pleases. But the CPU load has really changed. There is also an assumption that this may be due to the settings vidio.txt and a custom cfg. as for the processor, I will add that disabling additional cores and disabling hyper trading did not affect the game in any way, but I noticed a feature that the game itself began to choose the number of cores that it would use from the number of fps. So when setting 60 fps, it shows me the load on only 4 processor cores, although it used to be for everything and just less. Perhaps the problem is in the game itself and it is worth waiting for a solution. I will try many more options, if I find a solution, I will write here!
I found a solution for myself! Try it, maybe it will help you too! In general, just by deleting video.txt and with it, autoexec.cfg began to work. I also attach a video to prove the method, well, an illustrative example of what to do.

Attachments

Back