If Deadlock had Aghanim's Scepter

KLUZA

In case you don't know, in Dota, there is an item called the Aghanim's Scepter, it is an item that is a little expensive, and any hero can buy. The item grants you a unique new or upgraded ability, and it is differnet for every hero! I love what the dota team was able to accomplish with all the fun and crazy Aghanim's Scepter upgrades.

It makes me think of how the Deadlock team can unlock these heroes to be just as crazy with a similar item. I made up my own ideas for this type of item for every hero, some are hits, some are misses, but my goal was just to find a fun/cool idea!

I want to know what sort of things you wish your favorite hero could do, let me know how an Aghanim's Scepter type item would help you do that!

Abrams: Head Scratcher
  • Abram’s horns grow, making them much more effective for his melee attacks and do more damage. Strong melee attacks that land lift the enemy up in the air

Bebop: Miss Shelly’s Pies
  • During Bebop’s ult, pies periodically launch out, dealing splash damage, slowing, and making the enemy look delicious.

Dynamo: Pop Quiz
  • Dynamo has a second gravitational pull during Singularity. This gravitational pull is MUCH larger than singularity’s, but does not affect heroes. Any containers that are affected by this gravitational pull get sucked in/destroyed . Any pickups that come from the container always apply to Dynamo

Grey Talon: Trained Owl
  • Grey Talon has trained his spirit owl to grow thumbs, Guided Owl can now use Grey Talon’s Charged Shot ability with a shorter cooldown and less damage.

Haze: Whistleblower
  • Fixation now has an active component. Haze can disguise herself as a prop or lane creep. After she reveals herself, she has increased weapon damage. Enemies that shoot her as the prop or lane creep reveals her true self.

Infernus: Mixologus
  • Concussive Combustion has a smaller AOE, but the combustion explosion moves in the direction infernus is moving, dealing damage and stunning those in the path.

Ivy: Feels Like Home
  • Ivy has increased health regen, fire rate, and reload speed while on rooftops.

Kelvin: The Things
  • When Kelvin uses his ult, ice zombies of his old crew surround the outside of the shield, attacking any foe on the outside

Lady Geist: Beauty Pains
  • High health regen bonus. When using stamina, drain health instead of stamina.

Lash: Bar Brawl
  • A 5 v 1 fight for Lash is a favorable one. Lash gains a stack for every enemy hero that has dealt damage to him. Each stacks gives Lash a melee damage multiplier and weapon sheild. Stacks last for 30 seconds.

Mcginnis: Mini Minions
  • When one of Mcginnis’ turrets take lethal damage, they gain an invulnerability shield for 5 seconds, they will grow legs and start running towards the nearest enemy, self destructing and dealing aoe spirit damage at the end

Mo and Krill: Waste Management
  • Mo and krill can do their dirty work underground. They can use all of their spells while in Burrow.

Paradox: Bag of Sand
  • This item is an active item for Paradox.. When Paradox uses Paradoxical Swap, This item swaps places with a random active item of the target. The swapped item does not share a cooldown with the target’s version. The items switch back after 3 seconds. This item cannot be sold by the target.

Pocket: Pack It Up
  • Enchanter’s Satchel grows legs, and Pocket can move around and dash during its duration. Any other action ends enchanter’s satchel like usual.

Seven: Deadly Sins
  • “I’m going to do to you, what you did to me, but harder” Seven deals extra weapon or spirit damage, depending on which one he has taken more damage of this game. If it is weapon damage, His ult deals weapon damage.

Vindicta: Quick Kill
  • Assassinate has a much lower cooldown, and high bonus headshot damage. Assassinate damage rapidly decreases the longer Vindicta looks down the scope.

Warden: Corporal Punishment
  • During Warden’s ult, Warden has no move speed penalty during melee attacks, increased movespeed from successful melee attacks, and is constantly in a parry state.

Wraith: Luck of the Draw
  • +1 Royal Flush card. Wraith goes all in with her own life. Every Royal Flush card is either a 10-Ace or Joker card. If Wraith gets a poker hand with the ability, each card in that hand will give an effect, along with the normal effect.
    • Heart > health back
    • Diamond> get souls
    • Club> spirit damage increase
    • Spade> random spell cooldown reduction

• 10, jack, queen, king, ace = need a poker hand in order to receive the bonus of the suit.
  • Joker = does nothing except the normal Royal Flush damage, if all cards are jokers, Wraith dies

Yamato: Family Ties
  • For every slash of Yamato’s sword, after a small delay, a familiar of Yamato’s brother joins her in battle, and slashes the enemy with spirit damage based on Yamato’s melee damage.

I don't play most of these heroes, so i want to know what sort of designs other people would come up with

I like the idea that there will be an analogue of aghanim
Of course, you'll have to balance it out a bit, the idea is really good

What if mid-boss fight Rejuvenator that gives all team buff could also give similar effects? You can "steal" the buff by killing a hero holding it and then your team would see the visual changes on the enemy hero indicating that he has a buff. Like in LoL heroes with Nashor buff have GIANT purple aura around them. In Deadlock i can barely see any such effects on enemy heroes.
But again it's so new maybe i'm not looking at the right places.

What if mid-boss fight Rejuvenator that gives all team buff could also give similar effects? You can "steal" the buff by killing a hero holding it and then your team would see the visual changes on the enemy hero indicating that he has a buff. Like in LoL heroes with Nashor buff have GIANT purple aura around them. In Deadlock i can barely see any such effects on enemy heroes.
But again it's so new maybe i'm not looking at the right places.

you can see at the top right if they got rejuv buff. and most buffs are noticeable. like metal skin or wraith E
Just takes time i have around 60h soon, so ive started to notice them more often

you can see at the top right if they got rejuv buff. and most buffs are noticeable. like metal skin or wraith E
Just takes time i have around 60h soon, so ive started to notice them more often
Ah! Thanks mate. Really didn't see that before you said that! Well then i think those should be just a little more noticeable, maybe closer to the center of the screen or more noticeable on enemies. I stand by my opinion. But i agree with you, with the pile up of different MOBA mechanics you really need to spend some time at the game to notice more and more things. It's just normal learning curve for MOBAs.

It would be a nice item, but I don't think developers would add such exact "copies" of items from others, even including their own games

Hope they don't do too much like in Dota where there are Shard upgrades, Facets, Passives, and Talents on top of everything. But I like this idea.

It would be a nice item, but I don't think developers would add such exact "copies" of items from others, even including their own games
They would definitely call it something else to fit the aesthetic. But I think Valve is fine with borrowing ideas from their other IPs (look at Refresher's effect being exactly the same as Refresher Orb/Shard in Dota 2).

Hope they don't do too much like in Dota where there are Shard upgrades, Facets, Passives, and Talents on top of everything. But I like this idea.
I would like to see a smaller boss like tormentor but i agree they should streamline it as much as possible, at least until the game matures more

Back