hotkey rebind for ping (functionality theory inline with dota hotkeys)

spitman5000

trying to rebind ping from "m3" to a key like "v" v doesnt function normally like "m3" would. like when you ping the map it wont work. when you bind mouse wheel to a key like "v." pressing "m3" will still open chat wheel when held. basically while you are able to bind both ping and chat wheel to "v", pressing "v" will not allow you to ping while holding alt (the map, skills, or character) it will just open the chat wheel again, not allowing you to ping at all.

In short the bug is that a key on the keyboard can not function the same as standard "m3" versatility it has for pings and wheel. it opens chat wheel in one way or another, even when not bound to "m3" at all. basically i think you intend for it to work 1:1 like it does in dota, but it is currently not possible.

Also want to note, none of the settings (standard or customized) effect using "m3" for self-cast. so i have standard ping settings and am allowed to use "m3" for self-cast with no problem. while using "v" to open chat wheel without delay. i note this as a fix to the problem the post is made for, could interact with "m3" not being able to do that perhaps. or even when "m3" is bound to self-cast, i might not be able to bind it to a skill/ item/ or other general action in unison with it. as it currently opens chat wheel even when changed.

As i would possibly want to bind it to self-cast and to use my mic (as i have it in dota, without the self cast, as i hold (ex. alt+w) to self cast. being that you can toggle an ability to be self cast on by enabling "self cast on double tap" where holding alt counts your hotkey as being double tapped.

-spitman5000

Back