Hero lookout ideas. IMPORTANT ASAP.

gachiking969

I suggest to pick either 1st variant or the 2 latter.

It's not normal that yamato looks like a character from Mandela Catalogue.

6336.png

Yeah... "style"...

Honestly, I didn't expect ANY person to defend this, by far worst design ever.
View attachment 8479
Yamato is clearly inspired by Amade Modigliani. Honestly, i didn't explect you to understand it.
30863714.jpg
amedeo-modigliani-jeanne-hebuterne-101275.jpg
amedeo-modigliani-portrait-of-a-woman-with-hat-1-550x800.jpg
3c73f25b74f747155dd0dba466f8adf3.jpg

Yamato is clearly inspired by Amade Modigliani. Honestly, i didn't explect you to understand it.

Wow, you're such a man of culture, but unfortunately you can't distinct a comically large forehead, that is the only part stretched out in mandela catalogue alternate style from a style, which stretch the middle part of face.

Also you can't tell which inspired this bad design, because you're not the designer who made it, and while this might have been a good assupmtion (although it's not, because it's different), it's generally wrong.

And I don't think that a lot of people value the specific art to tolerate the intruder from mandela catalogue as a basic design for asian character.

P.S. if you look through his works you'll notice he generally doesn't just stretch faces, it's not special quirk of the art style of this guy.
1722408347807.png

I think what theyre trying to say is that Yamato kinda looks odd because everyone (human characters) else around her doesnt have odd body proportions, I dont think its a big deal tho they probably have some way in mind to make her fit more with the other characters, its just not that important rn since theyre still tinkering with basic mechanics at this point

P.S. if you look through his works you'll notice he generally doesn't just stretch faces, it's not special quirk of the art style of this guy.
I appriciate that you looked though his work and appreceated them aswell, but female with long faces its specifically his quirk and yes its special, hence I can draw a conclusion its inspired by him, even if not directly, specifically because it is his quirk, For example lady from the painting from the movie "it" also inspired by him. I know mandela catalogue is mainstream and popular but i dont know why you think all long faces are resemblance particually of this media, becuase for me its clearly from Amadeo. Or maybe its all just a conicidence, and valve artists just come up on their own but nevertheless i think this design is unique and awesome and i wouldnt change i thing in it which would make her more generic.
So whats bad design for you, is good design for others, who's right and who's wrong? Then why would they change their vision.

Last edited:
i think yamato looks cool, she looks kind of otherworldly and alien but in a way that's a little goofy. a lot of japanese monsters in folklore have kind of silly or absurdist elements to them and i feel that yamato's design is fitting and doesn't stand out in a negative way in comparison to other characters.

Back