[Hero Concept]: The corrupted one

Hoaxer

Background/Theme

Once a brilliant inventor and engineer Gideon, this hero was corrupted by an unstable power source, fusing his body with mechanical parts. His abilities revolve around manipulating corrupted technology, releasing unstable energy, and exploiting weaknesses in machines and biological beings alike.

Weapon

Corrupted Gearblade
A large, jagged sword made from ancient gears and steam-powered mechanics. This blade hums with unstable energy, releasing bursts of corrupted steam when swung. The blade gets stronger with every strike, building up an overcharge as it accumulates energy. (maybe add in bullets for range)

Abilities

1. Ability 1: Unstable Strike
    Description
    : The Corrupted One swings his Gearblade, unleashing a powerful strike that releases a burst of corrupted energy. This attack deals increased damage to both mechanical enemies and organic targets, disrupting their systems.
    Effect:
    • Deals 15% weapon damage + 10% of target’s current health as damage.
    • Causes "System Corruption" for 5 seconds, reducing the enemy's movement speed by 20%.
    • Cooldown: 6 seconds
  2. Ability 2: Overclock
    Description
    : The Corrupted One channels excess steam into his own body, overcharging his movements and reflexes for a short time.
    Effect:
    • Increases attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 15% for 7 seconds.
    • Each attack during this time builds up heat, causing the hero to take 2% of his health in damage per hit.
    • Cooldown: 12 seconds
  3. Ability 3: Steam Vent (Defensive)
    Description
    : Releases a blast of superheated steam from the corrupted parts of his body, creating a protective barrier. The steam also burns nearby enemies, applying a damage-over-time (DoT) effect.
    Effect:
    • Blocks all damage for 2 seconds.
    • Nearby enemies take damage over 4 seconds, dealing 10 damage per second.
    • Enemies affected by "System Corruption" take double damage.
    • Cooldown: 14 seconds
  4. Ultimate Ability: Corrupted Domain:
    Description: The Corrupted One fully embraces the dark energy consuming him, transforming the battlefield into a corrupted zone. This area is infused with unstable energy, enhancing his abilities while severely hindering enemies caught inside.
    Effect
    :
    • Corruption Field: Creates a large zone around The Corrupted One, lasting 8 seconds. Inside this field:
      • Enemies: Their health regeneration and healing effects are disabled. They take 2% of their maximum health as damage every second.
      • The Corrupted One: Gains increased attack damage (30%) and reduced ability cooldowns by 40% while inside the field.
      • Allies: Allies in the field gain 20% damage reduction and their movement speed is boosted by 15%.
    • Corruptive Feedback: Enemies affected by the "System Corruption" debuff receive double damage inside the field.
    • Cooldown: 90 seconds

These are just some random numbers to work with. I know they aren't realistic, but it's a cool concept.

Last edited:
I like the idea of an ability that dramatically alters large parts of the battlefield or significantly change the way that a team fight plays out. I was thinking of a character that can Splatoon paint the battlefield with necrotic energy, intended for the lane phase. I'm not sure that particular idea is going anywhere, but it's fun to think about.

I think you can push this design further. Abilities one and two are very basic. I see the synergy with System Corruption in his kit, but the element that benefits from it or provide it are so integrated into his general game flow that there's almost no chance that you don't hit that synergy, and in that case it may well just be built into the ability.

I like the story, and see that you've integrated this idea of an unstable machine into his second skill, which deals damage to you in exchange for enhanced DPS. I would like to see this theme of an instable machine being pushed farther. I think Alchemist from DotA is a great example of a character with an ability that says "unstable", in the form of Unstable Concoction, iirc.

Thanks! There aren’t any heroes in the game right now with kits like this, it’s awesome that you’ve come up with such a unique concept too. It definitely sounds like it would be a blast to play.

I just don’t know how I’d push the idea to the devs since I know they’re super busy. I tried to blend system corruption into the whole kit to create synergy with every ability. It’s satisfying when you can pull off a two-part combo, but if you manage to land everything, you get that true burst of damage that no one sees coming.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I thought it would fit the game’s theme nothing too high-tech or medieval, just that perfect blend. You can shape his appearance to fit seamlessly into the game's world, whether that's a high-tech, medieval, or something entirely different. I’ve never played DotA, so I’m not sure what he looks like or how he plays, but I’ll definitely check him out.

Guys, none of the heroes suggested on this forum make it into the game. Don't bother trying.
That's not the right attitude to have, you never know. The whole point of these forums is to be a melting pot for interesting ideas and inspiration. Even if your particular idea didn't make it into the game, there's still a chance they come up with an idea for a hero based on some concept you presented! <3

That's not the right attitude to have, you never know. The whole point of these forums is to be a melting pot for interesting ideas and inspiration. Even if your particular idea didn't make it into the game, there's still a chance they come up with an idea for a hero based on some concept you presented! <3
Yeah I just wanted to brainstorm and share my ideas. Even if my specific concept doesn't make it in, knowing it might inspire something new is pretty motivating I think. Thanks for the encouragement! <3

Back