Hero concept: Prana (with art and diagrams!)

I like it! Would Wall Walker have a limited duration? I can only assume it is either a limited duration, or it constant it would need to trade it's double-jump ability or something for balance.

I like it! Would Wall Walker have a limited duration? I can only assume it is either a limited duration, or it constant it would need to trade it's double-jump ability or something for balance.
Thanks amigo!

After sliding around a lot in the game, I've realized that holding crouch to climb indefinitely is counter intuitive to the core sliding gameplay mechanics.

The way I picture it now, once the ability is activated, it has a meter that depletes as you move on the walls/ceilings. Once depleted you fall normally, however if you don't move on the vertical surface, the meter does not go down so you can cling onto a ceiling or something to evade an enemy chasing you.

The egg ability would also allow the traps to be set on vertical surfaces as well.

I'd love to know what you think on this approach :)

Thanks amigo!

After sliding around a lot in the game, I've realized that holding crouch to climb indefinitely is counter intuitive to the core sliding gameplay mechanics.

The way I picture it now, once the ability is activated, it has a meter that depletes as you move on the walls/ceilings. Once depleted you fall normally, however if you don't move on the vertical surface, the meter does not go down so you can cling onto a ceiling or something to evade an enemy chasing you.

The egg ability would also allow the traps to be set on vertical surfaces as well.

I'd love to know what you think on this approach :)
The meter not depleting if you aren't moving seems balanced in writing, would have to be play tested of course to double check. Egg on alternate surfaces would also need to be play tested to see if it makes any substantial/fair impact, though in concept it also doesn't seem like it would...regardless of those details the initial design/concept overall would be an amazing addition to the game, I 100% support such a character.

The meter not depleting if you aren't moving seems balanced in writing, would have to be play tested of course to double check. Egg on alternate surfaces would also need to be play tested to see if it makes any substantial/fair impact, though in concept it also doesn't seem like it would...regardless of those details the initial design/concept overall would be an amazing addition to the game, I 100% support such a character.
Well said! I’ve got some sketches coming along to show off how each ability would work in a variety of circumstances. Hopefully this weekend I can get some work done on it. At worst case, this will look nice in my portfolio :)

Back