Hero concept: Prana (with art and diagrams!)

Hello,

Been tinkering a bit in MS paint and I made this little critter. Any and all harsh criticisms' are very welcome :)

(Still a work progress - I'm working on voice work, illustrations for melee, parrying and more!)

Name: Prana

(still workshopping the bio but basically Prana came from a cursed bayou, was drawn to the mystic energies of the big city and traveled via the sewer lines. He's the gator in the toilet you don't wish to find.)

Now for the juicy stuff. Enjoy!

Splash screen:
prana hero.png

Underneath the sheets:
prana hero bare.png

Prana field of view test. (He needs to be slightly bigger than ivy I think.)
PRANA test.png

Primary fire.:
prana 1.png

Ability 1: Bile Purge
prana 2.png

Ability 2: Oviparous
prana ability 3.png

Bonus sketches: Wall walker, melee (headbutt) and parry.
abilities illustrate these then 3D em.png

Ability 4 (Ultimate): Feasting on Viscous because I hate him.
prana ult illustrate these.png

Abilities that are in progress still:

3 - (Passive) Wall walker: Prana can cling onto vertical surfaces and move along them by holding the crouch key, giving him increased bullet range.

Level 1: Increased move speed while wall walking
Level 2: Range greatly increases
Level 3: Obtains invisibility when stationary on a vertical surface

4 - (Ultimate) Feast: Prana latches onto a single enemy and bites them repeatedly, healing himself greatly in the process. Prana can be dislodged if shot too many times by the enemy team, however, the enemy target is also vulnerable to damage from their team mates.
Level 1: Gain more health per bite. Lower cool down
Level 2: Gain a speed boost after feasting
Level 3: Jump to other enemy targets to prolong channel time

Thanks for checking it out! :)

This character concept is too cool to *not* be added. And I think it definitely adds the needed variation to heroes. It's interesting in every way. Graphic wise the cloak could be more raggy, maybe a potato sack type of cloth, but not that important at all i'm already sold.

This character concept is too cool to *not* be added. And I think it definitely adds the needed variation to heroes. It's interesting in every way. Graphic wise the cloak could be more raggy, maybe a potato sack type of cloth, but not that important at all i'm already sold.
100%. My 3D skills are not that great but you nailed it on the head with what I was trying to go for.

Very cool stuff, My only critic would be that it feels kinda odd that this character would have a very unique ability in their 2, but none of their kit seemingly synergizes with the little babbies. What if the ultimate made the enemy latched on take more dmg from the minions like Broodmother's silken bola. Ulting a target would force every minion in a large radius stop what theyre doing and rush towards the target. Secondly, what if ability 3 would make the minions in a radius around you stop attacking and run towards you to walk on the wall with you, that way you could (like broodmother) appear next to someone with a whole bunch of small minions. Would also serve as a way to control the movement of the minions.

Edit: Oh also, you say you hate viscous, but your hero concept ALSO spews out green goo that stays on the ground for a duration, how curious

Very cool stuff, My only critic would be that it feels kinda odd that this character would have a very unique ability in their 2, but none of their kit seemingly synergizes with the little babbies. What if the ultimate made the enemy latched on take more dmg from the minions like Broodmother's silken bola. Ulting a target would force every minion in a large radius stop what theyre doing and rush towards the target. Secondly, what if ability 3 would make the minions in a radius around you stop attacking and run towards you to walk on the wall with you, that way you could (like broodmother) appear next to someone with a whole bunch of small minions. Would also serve as a way to control the movement of the minions.

Edit: Oh also, you say you hate viscous, but your hero concept ALSO spews out green goo that stays on the ground for a duration, how curious

Good point! Perhaps for synergy the spawned creeps do more damage to targets in the acid or when Prana's ultimate is cast, all near by minions jump at the same target. Like when piranhas all jump in and go ballistic over their prey. Wall walk could even be a pounce ability for escaping. Either way, great suggestions! I love broodmother mechanics in games :)

And don't get me wrong, viscous is amazing, when he's on my team... But when I'm perma stunned by him in a confined space, it triggers a deep seeded and specific fear haha

great job, just wow.

suggestion for ultimate, what if it makes the screen of the player it attaches to 'drunk-like', cursor moves automatically, they see stuff all over the screen etc

great job, just wow.

suggestion for ultimate, what if it makes the screen of the player it attaches to 'drunk-like', cursor moves automatically, they see stuff all over the screen etc

That's not a bad idea! In dota 2, they just added a facet update for Bristleback where the screen goes red the more hits he takes. It's a really cool visual effect. Having the screen get bloody and a shaky or disoriented would be cool. Bonus if the victim can now damage team mates as he panics in pain shooting haha

Great idea of a little demon critter that jumps onto people and has to be shot off. Sorta like some sort of enemy in another valve title.

Back