Gun Damage and Headshot multipliers seem inconsistent

Myrick

Base gun damage values and headshot multipliers may not be working correctly, or are at least unintuitive. For example, Kelvin has a base gun damage of 21, but can bodyshot for 20 damage and in my testing tends to do so roughly once every clip (I assume Deadlock uses a pseudorandom chance mechanic similar to dota which is why it is so consistently once a clip). I do not understand why this is the case. I understand why Infernus or Lash who have non-integer base damage values would have their damage proc at integer values that then average out (Lash at 11.5 dmg procs for 11 half the time and 12 half the time, makes perfect sense), but Kelvin proccing for 20 or Lady Geist proccing for 27 when her base damage is 28 is very unintuitive to me. See Kelvin clip below.

Headshot multipliers also seem to vary amongst the cast. I did some testing and fired 4 full clips of bodyshots and 4 full clip of headshots to see what happened and these were my results:

1718304466577.png

It is very confusing to me that there is variance among HS multipliers. I started looking into this because I realized Kelvin can headshot for 39 damage, lower than double his occasional 20 damage. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it is definitely confusing and not intuitive.

View attachment Kelvin dmg inconsistent.mp4

Back