Game hitches when using analog input

Chisel

I like to use keyboard and mouse, but also use analog for movement. Whenever I use analog movement, the game now thinks I am using a controller so all of the prompts change to XBOX buttons which is fine. However, the prompts change back to keyboard prompts when I use keyboard/mouse inputs, so as I play the game it constantly switches back and forth which causes a small hitch every single time.

It is just a brief microlag but it is very noticeable since it happens constantly

I wish there was a way for me to turn off the switch to xbox control prompts

I joined the forum specifically for this bug; a hitch whenever I click is brutal when trying to aim.
To reproduce:
  1. Plug in both a controller and mouse.
  2. Bind an analog stick to movement.
  3. Open the Sandbox.
  4. Hold any direction on that analog stick.
  5. Click the mouse repeatedly while looking around.
  6. Notice that the camera hitches with every mouse button press/release, and the Server CPU peak % gets very high (even 110% on my computer).

Success! I've found that setting citadel_use_ui_keybindings false works to prevent it from swapping back to PC UI prompts, though need to then manually set binds like bind mouse1 +attack, bind mouse2 +attack2, etc. More awkward than using the UI though, and won't work for hero-specific binds, so would still very much appreciate this getting fixed with a cvar or something.

Back