GAME CRASHES, CAN'T TALK/CHAT/USE/KEYBINDS/ABILITIES (broke again) (READ LAST POST)

iamhaste

gaStill need to test, but the forums show dynamo, M&K, and I'm experiencing this with Geist.

In game almost no keybinds work (using abilities, chat, voice) except for defaulted movement and shooting keys.

It could also be that people with customized keybinds are not being read by the game and it's causing crashes.

Last edited:
updated:

Crash is caused when players have NON DEFAULT SETTINGS for keybinds when opening the keybind settings in match.

Additionally, if a player loads into a match with a character with NON DEFAULT keybinds, they will lose the ability to activate any of those keybinds (to include any abilities tied to custom keybinds).

Bumping this thread. I believe a possible fix is to delete the game file where custom keybinds are saved, forcing it to generate a new default file. If anyone knows what file this is please let me know.

Recent updates have caused any changes made to default keybinds (even in game) to break voice/chat functions.

Not sure what other keybinds this breaks, but appears that changing keybinds affects the games ability to read the keybind config file.

Thanks for doing the research on this. I'm just going to not play until they fix it. Don't want to re-do all the quickcast settings. What a mess.

Recent updates have caused any changes made to default keybinds (even in game) to break voice/chat functions.

Not sure what other keybinds this breaks, but appears that changing keybinds affects the games ability to read the keybind config file.
For some reason dying temporarily fixes the chat issue but it breaks again when you spawn

So I reset all keybindings and re-adjusted them while in game and it fixed the problem. However, when you go into the next game with the changed keybindings, you have to do this all over again otherwise you'll have the same problem.

Back