Game crash on match start

mezofimate

Since latest update (Mirage), anytime i start a game against real players, bots or even sandbox mode my game crashes (dont matter which hero i choose).
I attached a screenshot, this is what i see before crash.
I already tried to Verify integrity of game files and reinstall but nothing helped.
I dont see any crashlogs in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps.

Setup:
-Motherboard: ASRock B760M PRO RS/D4
-Processor: i5 14400f
-Graphicscard: MSI RTX 3060 12GB
-RAM: 32GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance
-Storage: 1TB SDD

Region: Europe
Build: 5,212 - Sep 26 2024 23:45:17
20240927155856_3.jpg

Can you browse local files and share the contents of this file: game\citadel\cfg\video.txt
Then try deleting that file and game\citadel\cfg\video.txt.bak and relaunch the game and let me know if that fixes it.

FYI my game was crashing on launching since this update, wasn't able to join forum to write a report due to this issue.
Removed video.txt and video.txt.bak from game directory and it fixed it

FYI my game was crashing on launching since this update, wasn't able to join forum to write a report due to this issue.
Removed video.txt and video.txt.bak from game directory and it fixed it
Yes try this but also please share the video.txt you are deleting to help me figure out why it is crashing

Thank you so much, i deleted both video.txt and video.txt.bak and it fixed my issue.
I attached the previous video.txt that had something wrong in it.

Attachments

Solution: I had the same issue, my crashing was caused by having
"setting.volume_fog_depth" "1"
Specifically set to "1" in my cfg/video.txt file, so yes you can delete your video.txt file and restarting Deadlock will bring the .txt file back to default settings, however I set this setting to "6" instead of "1" and my game does not crash anymore. "48" is default setting. (I did not try 2, 3, 4, 5. I only used 6 to use an eighth of the default setting.)

Yes try this but also please share the video.txt you are deleting to help me figure out why it is crashing
Thank you so much, i deleted both video.txt and video.txt.bak and it fixed my issue.
I attached the previous video.txt that had something wrong in it.

Specifically set to "1" in my cfg/video.txt file, so yes you can delete your video.txt file and restarting Deadlock will bring the .txt file back to default settings, however I set this setting to "6" instead of "1" and my game does not crash anymore. "48" is default setting. (I did not try 2, 3, 4, 5. I only used 6 to use an eighth of the default setting.)
Yup! This was the issue exactly. We will be shipping a code fix soon.

Can you share your video file?

Back