Free NA Deadlock Tournament with a cash prize!

NA-45

poster.png
An NA Deadlock tournament with a cash prize and free entry!

Discord thread: https://discord.com/channels/1231286446472691825/1273463998616174592

Rules
Team Eligibility
  • There are no requirements on any of the players.
  • If a single player on the team is disqualified for any reason, the entire team will be disqualified.
Sportsmanship
  • Trash-talking and taunting is fine but be reasonable. If it goes too far, there will be a warning or potential disqualification. This will be up to the digression of the TOs.
  • Slurs or hate speech are an instant disqualification.

Procedures
Pre-Tournament
  • Sign-up are due by 8/23 6pm CST. There will be no late sign-ups. If you have an issue, DM a TO. Sign up link: https://forms.gle/5hF2eMYJcaKshtxE7
  • Any duplicate registrations may lead to your team being ineligible for selection.
  • If you or your team has any troubles submitting your sign-up form, please contact me or a TO through a Discord DM.
  • Teams will be announced on 8/23 at 8pm CST in this thread.
Matches
  • Games will be announced in the Discord thread . Once a match is announced, each team has 5 minutes to verify they are ready by their Team Captain replying to the match announcement. If there is a no-show,, the team will be disqualified and the win given to their opponents.
  • The Team Captains of both teams will flip a coin. The winner will choose whether they would like to be Amber or Blue side.
  • The Team Captains will then conduct a Draft. A diagram of the pick order can be found here:
  • After Drafting is complete, both Team Captains will notify a TO that they are ready to start.
  • A lobby join command will be sent to each Team Captain. To enter it, press F7 in the main menu (of Deadlock) and paste the command into the console.
  • Once everyone has joined, the game will start.
  • Once the match is complete, the results should be reported with a screenshot by the winning Team Captain in this thread.
  • The finals will be a best of 3. After each game, there will be a 5 minute break. The losing Team Captain will then choose whether they want Amber or Blue and then repeat the process as before.
Post-Tournament
  • The Team Captain of the team who wins the tournament will be contacted and will be given details on how to receive their prize money.

Q & A
  • Where will the games be streamed?
    • The official Deadlock Discord server, starting at 5:30pm CST.
  • We have no high-MMR players, can we still sign up?
    • Of course, there are no restrictions on who can sign up. After high-MMR teams are chosen, the remaining spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
  • Can I enter as a solo player?
    • As of right now, no. It's a bit too hard to organize unfortunately.
  • Why is this being done through Discord threads? Isn't it a bit unwieldy?
    • Yes, unfortunately we are not allowed to post Discord links to another server.
    • I'm funding this out of my pocket. If you want to donate to increase the size of the prize pool, shoot me a DM.

Update on the sign-ups, I've removed the high-mmr filter as it's too complicated to verify. First come, first server! So far 1 sign team has signed up.

Question, not meaning to derail here but how do you already know what players have high MMR? Is there a stats screen or tracker somewhere?

Question, not meaning to derail here but how do you already know what players have high MMR? Is there a stats screen or tracker somewhere?
If you queue with a mid-low MMR player, there will be red text that pops up and tells of a big MMR gap.

View attachment 10287
An NA Deadlock tournament with a cash prize and free entry!

Discord thread: https://discord.com/channels/1231286446472691825/1273463998616174592

Rules
Team Eligibility
  • There are no requirements on any of the players.
  • If a single player on the team is disqualified for any reason, the entire team will be disqualified.
Sportsmanship
  • Trash-talking and taunting is fine but be reasonable. If it goes too far, there will be a warning or potential disqualification. This will be up to the digression of the TOs.
  • Slurs or hate speech are an instant disqualification.

Procedures
Pre-Tournament
  • Sign-up are due by 8/23 6pm CST. There will be no late sign-ups. If you have an issue, DM a TO. Sign up link: https://forms.gle/5hF2eMYJcaKshtxE7
  • Any duplicate registrations may lead to your team being ineligible for selection.
  • If you or your team has any troubles submitting your sign-up form, please contact me or a TO through a Discord DM.
  • Teams will be announced on 8/23 at 8pm CST in this thread.
Matches
  • Games will be announced in the Discord thread . Once a match is announced, each team has 5 minutes to verify they are ready by their Team Captain replying to the match announcement. If there is a no-show,, the team will be disqualified and the win given to their opponents.
  • The Team Captains of both teams will flip a coin. The winner will choose whether they would like to be Amber or Blue side.
  • The Team Captains will then conduct a Draft. A diagram of the pick order can be found here:
  • After Drafting is complete, both Team Captains will notify a TO that they are ready to start.
  • A lobby join command will be sent to each Team Captain. To enter it, press F7 in the main menu (of Deadlock) and paste the command into the console.
  • Once everyone has joined, the game will start.
  • Once the match is complete, the results should be reported with a screenshot by the winning Team Captain in this thread.
  • The finals will be a best of 3. After each game, there will be a 5 minute break. The losing Team Captain will then choose whether they want Amber or Blue and then repeat the process as before.
Post-Tournament
  • The Team Captain of the team who wins the tournament will be contacted and will be given details on how to receive their prize money.

Q & A
  • Where will the games be streamed?
    • The official Deadlock Discord server, starting at 5:30pm CST.
  • We have no high-MMR players, can we still sign up?
    • Of course, there are no restrictions on who can sign up. After high-MMR teams are chosen, the remaining spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
  • Can I enter as a solo player?
    • As of right now, no. It's a bit too hard to organize unfortunately.
  • Why is this being done through Discord threads? Isn't it a bit unwieldy?
    • Yes, unfortunately we are not allowed to post Discord links to another server.
    • I'm funding this out of my pocket. If you want to donate to increase the size of the prize pool, shoot me a DM.
With the content ban gone any chance of streaming it in twitch or YouTube?

Back