Dying to bullets while Metal Skin is active

thebluemario

Metal Skin supposedly gives bullet immunity, but i cant even count how many times ive died to a Wraith or Haze while trying to escape an engagement.

I dont know if it's because their Spirit damage is getting through, or if bullet resistance shred works even on Metal Skin, but whatever the case is Metal Skin clearly isnt doing its job as it is described.

I also wish to specify that im not talking about dying while using Meta Skin during a Haze ult or similar. Im referring to running away with it active and just being shot like normal by Wraith and dying despite the fact that im supposed to be immune. That last specific example happened to me twice today alone.

Both Wraith and Haze add spirit damage on their 3rd skill, additionally Wraith can card you too. You can check incoming damage after death and it will tell you what exactly killed you.

You can check incoming damage after death and it will tell you what exactly killed you.

Yes im aware, thats why i specifically mentioned that i was only referring to cases where i died to just being shot. Damage feed shows bullets being the killing blow, despite metal skin being active. Has happened repeatedly.

You should give matches IDs then because I keep using Metal Skin against Haze and it works.
It's happened repeatedly thru out many different matches over the course of days, i cant recall which match ids.
A small amount of times was a fluke and not worth noting, im filing this report because it's happened many times.
Also "well I keep using it and its fine" is an extremely poor argument for anything.
The whole point of reporting bugs when you see them is because not everyone will encounter the same bugs. Saying you didnt see it is pointless and misses the whole point of bug reporting in the first place.

Also "well I keep using it and its fine" is an extremely poor argument for anything.
Almost exactly like yours lol.

That's why you're supposed to give matches ID so devs can actually see it and check what happened, otherwise it's searching in the dark for what might be super specific interaction between skills and items.

Almost exactly like yours lol.
No, because i stated what's happening. And the fact that it's happening, and repeatedly, is enough. I dont need to provide specific examples.
You are trying to argue that just because it doesnt happen to you then it's not an issue.
Again, that's completely missing the point of reporting bugs.
And sure, match IDs would be helpful, but again i dont recall which, but since it's happened repeatedly it should be easy to reproduce on the developers' end, since its not a one-off thing.

Now go away you arent being helpful and I will report you for being a nuisance if you keep it up. I just checked your profile and you seem to have a history of finding threads to be a contrarian and pedant in.

No, because i stated what's happening. And the fact that it's happening, and repeatedly, is enough. I dont need to provide specific examples.
You are trying to argue that just because it doesnt happen to you then it's not an issue.
And sure, match IDs would be helpful, but again i dont recall which, but since it's happened repeatedly it should be easy to reproduce on the developers' end, since its not a one-off thing.

Now go away you arent being helpful and I will report you for being a nuisance if you keep it up. I just checked your profile and you seem to have a history of finding threads to be a contrarian and pedant in.
well, if it happens again, bring a match ID so it can actually be investigated. obviously people are interested in this bug if it's real. there's just nobody providing a match ID to say it's also happened to them yet. without the match ID, nobody can see it happening - not any of us, or the devs who are pretty sure their item works until proven otherwise. most people actually using these forums understand the frustration of experiencing an issue that other people don't seem to be experiencing, and mildsnooze even put in effort to try to reproduce it for you.

I just checked your profile and you seem to have a history of finding threads to be a contrarian and pedant in.
Yeah I'm contrarian of severe skill issue of people that refuse to understand game mechanics and counter itemize enemy heroes in a game about doing just that.

Which would be coincidentally mostly solved by purchasing debuff remover, metal skin and return fire.

And since I purchase metal skin pretty much every game and I never had it fail on me nor you see more people posting about bugs with it then conclusion is that it's either on you or super specific interaction that breaks it, but you're not providing anything, no match IDs, no list of heroes participating, no skills and no items participating, nothing that would help.

You're pretty much the worst type of bug reporter "shit's broken devs fix nao!" without giving them any details that would help replicate bug.

From dev standpoint such bug ticket is either going straight to recycle bin or will sit in limbo until someone appears with better details on bug's replication.

So for your own sake go to match history and find few matches where it happened, your memory can't be that bad.

Buddy you have spent more time in this thread whining about how hard it is to find the Match ID's of the matches YOU PLAYED than it would've taken you to just think for 2 seconds about which matches this happened in and find a timestamp of a death. It is literally as simple as
step 1. check your recent matches for ones where you bought metal skin
step 2. check which of those matches had haze and wraith
step 3. jump to all replay points after you have metal skin where a death marker is

instead of doing this you are begging other people to do all the work for you while simultaneously complaining about those who are asking you to provide the specific examples of what is going on (which WILL be necessary because for all we know you just suck and the metal skin timer ran out and you died)

If you have actually played too many deadlock matches to be able to easily do this then maybe it is time to step away from the computer.

Metal Skin supposedly gives bullet immunity, but i cant even count how many times ive died to a Wraith or Haze while trying to escape an engagement.

I dont know if it's because their Spirit damage is getting through, or if bullet resistance shred works even on Metal Skin, but whatever the case is Metal Skin clearly isnt doing its job as it is described.

I also wish to specify that im not talking about dying while using Meta Skin during a Haze ult or similar. Im referring to running away with it active and just being shot like normal by Wraith and dying despite the fact that im supposed to be immune. That last specific example happened to me twice today alone.
Hi.
I can confirm that metal skin doesn't give immunity. It gives 100% resist against bullets for the time the item is active. You had resistance shredded for more than you had. Maybe this is what happened to you.

Hi.
I can confirm that metal skin doesn't give immunity. It gives 100% resist against bullets for the time the item is active. You had resistance shredded for more than you had. Maybe this is what happened to you.
Don't spread misinformation man. Metal skin does give 100% bullet resist visual but actual resistance is not affected by debuffs.

View attachment 1004.mp4

Final decision whether something is or isnt, is in the hands of a hidden bug, because this sounds like fine grounds for an unforeseen side effect.
Anyway, match ID would help solve all problems, pls share.

You don't need friends (lol), in sandbox you can spawn any hero as enemy, take control of them to equip items and lvl up their skills then take control of your original character and press make a mimic while targeting hero, they will mirror everything you do, for simple tests it's enough.

Sandbox is the best idea ever.

Back