Chrysalis - The organization's secret weapon

narcissyphus

narcissyphus_2d_stylized_concept_art_league_of_legends_a_rich_b_63cd81c7-80b8-449b-b54d-7a4317...png

No one ever expects a psychic child...

Chrys is a defensive support with damage mitigation and CC abilities.

Weapon: a precision poison crossbow (similar projectiles to Ana's unscoped shots from Overwatch)

narcissyphus_httpss.mj.run8upVDc8e8WQ_2d_stylized_concept_art_l_4380ad2a-e44a-42ce-a782-fda3d0...png
1: Passive: Psychic barrier - Chrys has a barrier that scales with his current HP, down to 400 at which point it dissappears. Enemies inside of his barrier take damage, allies inside are shielded from outside damage.
Active: If Chrys has a barrier, he can sacrifice 100HP to briefly explode it.
narcissyphus_2d_stylized_concept_art_league_of_legends_a_rich_b_40af8bdb-b355-479f-8719-abda24...png

2: Chrys throws a projectile that creates an impulse [knockup].

3: [Taunt] Chrys briefly forces an enemy to look at him. At max level enemies are rooted at the end of the duration, if they don't break LOS.

4: [Transformation] Chrys is consumed by demonic rage, doubling the size of his barrier and changing his primary attack. Clicking on enemies will lift them up and fling them towards his crosshair.
When maxxed out, they're stunned if they hit walls.

Background: rich British orphan with a family history in secret societies. After his parent's deaths, he was kidnapped groomed and used by an international crime syndicate.

Obviously, he would spec heavily into lifesteal and extra HP.

Last edited:
Gun violence and kids. Very controversial character design. There are two abilities here that I like the core theme of: bubble shield and a knockup impulse. Bubble shield is overly complicated. I would rather see the shield be Abaddon's Aphotic Shield; very sweet, very simple. Blocking projectiles is good, and it's a nice idea that this child would like to put himself in the way of adult violence with his shield, but I want to see the core of this design expanded on. It's a child tank with a bubble shield. Cool. They want to follow their allies and throw themselves in front of danger to protect them. Very mature. How else can we push this design, and lean into his role as a support tank? Perhaps by drawing on elements of Wisp/Underlord, or Mercy from Overwatch. He can fast fly towards allies. He can reposition allies around the map. I think a design like that would much better tie this character together.

Gun violence and kids. Very controversial character design. There are two abilities here that I like the core theme of: bubble shield and a knockup impulse. Bubble shield is overly complicated. I would rather see the shield be Abaddon's Aphotic Shield; very sweet, very simple. Blocking projectiles is good, and it's a nice idea that this child would like to put himself in the way of adult violence with his shield, but I want to see the core of this design expanded on. It's a child tank with a bubble shield. Cool. They want to follow their allies and throw themselves in front of danger to protect them. Very mature. How else can we push this design, and lean into his role as a support tank? Perhaps by drawing on elements of Wisp/Underlord, or Mercy from Overwatch. He can fast fly towards allies. He can reposition allies around the map. I think a design like that would much better tie this character together.
Are you an artist? Your feedback is really succinct and thoughtful.

I like these ideas. I'd be down to replace his first active with an allied TP. I wanted to avoid another tether ability or ally reposition since Ivy has that covered.

Are you an artist? Your feedback is really succinct and thoughtful.

I like these ideas. I'd be down to replace his first active with an allied TP. I wanted to avoid another tether ability or ally reposition since Ivy has that covered.
I'm not an artist in a professional capacity, no. Yeah, design space gets crowded really quick. I was imagining something more like Wisp ult, where you can temporarily pop up on the other side of the map, or create a portal for a really fast rotation.

I'm not an artist in a professional capacity, no. Yeah, design space gets crowded really quick. I was imagining something more like Wisp ult, where you can temporarily pop up on the other side of the map, or create a portal for a really fast rotation.
It's an interesting idea for another Character!

Back