Can't move after crash

wasteofwords

My game closed in the middle of the match. Not a big deal it's happened a few times. This time when I rejoined I couldn't perform many actions. I couldn't move, shoot, or chat to be sure. I could start targeting abilities but not actually use them. I could look around and zoom in.

I was messing with hero specific keybinds when the crash happened. I noticed that the UI didn't seem to update properly when I did so by the way.

Vindicta is now permanently broken for me. I cannot play as her at all without getting this bug where I can't do anything. To be clear, I reset keybinds for her and globaly. Still doesn't work when I pick her in sandbox. Other heroes appear fine.

My game closed in the middle of the match. Not a big deal it's happened a few times. This time when I rejoined I couldn't perform many actions. I couldn't move, shoot, or chat to be sure. I could start targeting abilities but not actually use them. I could look around and zoom in.

I was messing with hero specific keybinds when the crash happened. I noticed that the UI didn't seem to update properly when I did so by the way.
I Have this same problem with Haze. I saw that the unit specific keybinds was available after the most recent patch, and after trying to rebind an ability to scroll wheel up, the game crashed. Now Haze doesn't have any working keybinds for me. Not even movement. I tried resetting to default keybinds, and disabling unit specific keybinds, still broken. I tried having steam validate files, nothing. Im trying to see if I can find the config file so I can try deleting it and validating again. All the other units still work.

I Have this same problem with Haze. I saw that the unit specific keybinds was available after the most recent patch, and after trying to rebind an ability to scroll wheel up, the game crashed. Now Haze doesn't have any working keybinds for me. Not even movement. I tried resetting to default keybinds, and disabling unit specific keybinds, still broken. I tried having steam validate files, nothing. Im trying to see if I can find the config file so I can try deleting it and validating again. All the other units still work.
Update: now my haze is endlessly walking backwards to the left. Like the "A" and "S" keys are being held down. I can aim and turn around, but no control over movement, weapons, abilities etc.. "ESC" key works and thats it

Well good news I just managed to fix mine. Bad news not sure how. I was going back over my keybinds and tried retoggling Unit Specific Hotkeys, then pressing reset all keybinds button and now suddenly it's working again. Not going near unit specific hotkeys again for some time.

EDIT: For future reference by anyone, no I never changed the keybinds for any of the stuff that broke including movement keys, shoot key, chat key, push to talk key, etc.

Well good news I just managed to fix mine. Bad news not sure how. I was going back over my keybinds and tried retoggling Unit Specific Hotkeys, then pressing reset all keybinds button and now suddenly it's working again. Not going near unit specific hotkeys again for some time.

EDIT: For future reference by anyone, no I never changed the keybinds for any of the stuff that broke including movement keys, shoot key, chat key, push to talk key, etc.
Lol unfortunately I've been trying that with no luck. I got the abilities to work again. Still no movement. I tried rebinding the movement keys manually with unit specific enabled on haze to try and manually set it, and this is the error it gave me while crashing when binding space bar to jump.

Attachments

• image_2024-09-13_195555077.png
    image_2024-09-13_195555077.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 3
Alright so from what i can tell the only consistent fix is to reset each characters independent binds back to default just turning off independent binds is not enough

Alright so from what i can tell the only consistent fix is to reset each characters independent binds back to default just turning off independent binds is not enough
Got it fixed! When you reset each characters keybinds, you just can't have one of the broken characters equipped in the lobby.

This happened to me as well. And I was thinking it was an exploit.

Back