Bug/Feedback RE:Alternate Cast Button

Before the September 12th update patch that introduced/merged functionalities of the self-cast/alt-cast modifier button, I was perfectly able to bind "Mousewheel Scrolldown" to my alternate cast button. This helped me to almost instantly self-cast something like "Healing Rite". It felt very snappy.

As of the September 12th update, this no longer works--at all. I CAN bind "Mousewheel Scrolldown" to Alternate Cast Button, however it doesn't do anything. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. To try and replicate the feeling of snappiness that I preferred I opted to instead try Alternate Cast Mode "Double Tap". However this completely broke Bebop's Sticky Bomb. A single key press would not stick the bomb to an enemy. Pressing 2, which is bound to Sticky Bomb, will bring up the spotlight/targeter casting animation, but will not do anything. It's like it is asking me to either click 2 again or left-click to confirm, both of which don't function intuitively or consistently. Which forced me to do a weirdly slow rhythm of button spamming so that Sticky Bomb would actually work without just sticking the bomb to myself. I immediately went back to Alternate Cast Button and bound it to something like Q. Which I hate btw. I don't want to take my fingers off of WASD or contort my fingers while doing so to hit a button. I love this game! I know you're doing lots of hard work. This change struck me as weird since I couldn't see the benefit and it negatively affects my experience so I hope someone will see this and look into it.

TL:DR 1) Alternate Cast Button does not work at all with certain bindings despite those bindings being allowed, in this case "Mousewheel Scrolldown". 2) Bebop's Sticky Bomb just breaks with Alternate Cast Double Tap.

Back