Australian mutated with Lizard/Snake

GooseMckenzy

I'll let you guys come up with the backstory for the character. I envision him/her as being a tanky duelist that can trade that bulk for damage amp.

I picture him having an 8-10 shooter magnum or some kind of shotgun that fits with his theme. If magnum bullet damage should be 20 base, if shotgun then I imagine 5 pellets that deal 5 damage base.

Base Health of 600, 3 stamina charges, 2 health regen, 0% bullet and Spirit resist, 7.5 move speed, 0 sprint speed.

1 - Tail Whip, 10m. Base ability deals 120 single target spirit damage that slows the target by 25% for 3 seconds, CD of 12 seconds. First lvl increases slow to 35%, second lvl increases damage by 80, third level adds a disarm for 3 seconds.

2 - Corrosive Spray, Sprays a path of toxin in a 15m line in front of him with either a 3m or 5m width. Base ability deals 40 Spirit damage to anyone hit, anyone in the trail takes 20dps with a 2 second linger duration, CD of 30 seconds. First lvl adds -15% bullet and spirit resist to the linger duration, Second lvl adds 40 base damage and 2 seconds to the linger duration, third level reduces CD by 18 seconds.

3 - Adaptive Hide - Passively gives 15% Bullet and Spirit Resist, can be activated to trade the Resistance for 15% Weapon Damage and Spirit Power with a 10 second duration. CD of 30 seconds and you lose the passive while the ability is on CD. First lvl adds increases passive and active by 10%. Second lvl adds 30% Lifesteal and Spirit lifesteal to active, Third lvl reduces CD by 15 seconds and adds 30% ammo and fire rate to active.

4 - Ambush - Go invisible/stealth (smaller detection radius than Haze's smoke bomb) for 15 seconds and gain 3m/s Move speed, first attack out of stealth stuns target for 1.5 seconds and deals 180 bonus Spirit Damage(Adaptive Hide can be activated without breaking stealth and the bonus damage can apply to Tail Whip or Corrosive Spray bonus damage and stun only applies to first Hero hit by Corrosive Spray), 80 second CD. First lvl adds 3 second duration after coming out of stealth where you cannot be slowed, Second lvl adds 80 base damage and .5 seconds to stun, Third lvl reduces CD by 50 seconds.

Character design is up in the air in my mind, I'm no artist but I felt these abilities would fit a character of this style. Let me know what you guys think of the idea :)

Last edited:
It might help to layout what this characters goals are in combat. I can see this guy as a good Utility hero that helps amplify the damage of his team while causing chaos in the backline. While on the other hand i can see this as an assassin type character.

It might help to layout what this characters goals are in combat. I can see this guy as a good Utility hero that helps amplify the damage of his team while causing chaos in the backline. While on the other hand i can see this as an assassin type character.
That's exactly what I had in mind. I don't like one dimensional Heroes so when thinking about his design, I wanted to give options. If you focus on abilities 1 and 2, you can plan to not activate your third ability to act as a tanky disabler in fights. If you want to assassinate, you can build spirit and primarily the Mystic Burst build path to nuke a single target.

This hero wants to be close range to get his damage in most effectively and I wanted to incentivize people to look at the active items in the game to help you do that (i.e Warp Stone, Fleet Foot, and Phantom Strike) when you don't have your ult off CD. This problem is solved by focusing on getting max rank ult ASAP but it's at the opportunity cost of higher damage and utility from your other abilities. Additionally, this hero is relatively mobile without ult and you can look at stamina items or additional movement speed to help you to get better positioning in fights or ganks.

I like the concept for this! There's enough flexibility in the abilities which would give players a choice in how they would want to play. My only thought is that a character like this would probably want to be pretty close most of the time and their only "gap closer" is the ultimate. But then I guess you could try to fix that with itemization.

Back