Audio Bug occurring at game startup

hxven42

I ran into this audio bug when I first started started playing. It made the game unbearable to play so I sat on the game until the latest patch where it was seemingly fixed. Unfortunately, the bug came back today and I still have yet to find a solution. I've looked through the games audio settings multiple times, I've looked through my PC's audio settings and my audio interfaces settings multiple times, but I've yet to find an issue occurring on my end. No other game or application has this issue, it is only Deadlock.

Attachments

I'm also having the same issue, and it occurs throughout the game, not just at the menus. I've tried changing my sample rate and buffer sizes of my DAC to try and fix it but nothing seems to work.
The only other game I have faced this issue on is Stardew Valley, but that game required me to run it in compatibility mode to fix that issue.

I seem to have narrowed it down to my Focusrite being the main issue for it, however no matter what I change my sample rate and buffer size to, it still does not work. However for other devices it does, but I don't feel like changing my audio settings and patches every single time I want to play a game.

A fix around this would be great, especially for professionals who use these devices regularly.

I seem to have narrowed it down to my Focusrite being the main issue for it, however no matter what I change my sample rate and buffer size to, it still does not work. However for other devices it does, but I don't feel like changing my audio settings and patches every single time I want to play a game.

A fix around this would be great, especially for professionals who use these devices regularly.
It honestly might be a Focusrite and Deadlock compatibility issue because I'm also using a Focusrite. I still have yet to come across any issues like this with my Focusrite on any other application/game, so there must be something going on that I don't have the knowledge to understand.

Bit late to this thread, but figured I'd poke it up anywho.

I'm having the exact same issue, and have a Focusrite audio interface as well. I wasn't convinced this was the problem at first, considering I only run my mic through it, not even my headphones, but after I did a bit of testing, no kidding, it actually does seem to be the problem.

I restarted my system twice, once without the interface plugged in, and once with it plugged in. When it wasn't plugged in, the game audio worked just fine, and after, I could close the game, re-plug it in, and launch it up and it would still work. It was only utterly broken when I started my system with the audio interface connected.

Only tested this once, so idk how reproducible it is, but it's the only thing I've done that actually got the audio to work.

Edit: On one more restart, even tried plugging the interface in before starting the game for the first time. Still, audio works perfectly now.

Last edited:
Bit late to this thread, but figured I'd poke it up anywho.

I'm having the exact same issue, and have a Focusrite audio interface as well. I wasn't convinced this was the problem at first, considering I only run my mic through it, not even my headphones, but after I did a bit of testing, no kidding, it actually does seem to be the problem.

I restarted my system twice, once without the interface plugged in, and once with it plugged in. When it wasn't plugged in, the game audio worked just fine, and after, I could close the game, re-plug it in, and launch it up and it would still work. It was only utterly broken when I started my system with the audio interface connected.

Only tested this once, so idk how reproducible it is, but it's the only thing I've done that actually got the audio to work.

Edit: On one more restart, even tried plugging the interface in before starting the game for the first time. Still, audio works perfectly now.
Seems like a method I could try, I run my stuff into Voicemeeter so I don't know if I can replicate your methods, but I'll be sure to update here with my findings

Back