Alt guns, with an item like aghs.

jedileroy0

Sorry for just throwing a hair brained concept out but how does this sound.

Buy the item, it builds out of an item from all 3 types (gun / spirit / health thingys), and combines only into a flex slot. Make it an active item to toggle it on/off or time based, specifically calling out this an item for the hero guns not spells.

Personally id prefer to see the idea be hero flavoured but if a certain few heroes were to share a type of alternative gun like the shotgun types having the same sort of upgrade, the high ROF gunners with the shared style of weapon, the slow low mag plinkers....etc....

So one of the reasons I would suggest this is for early testing of new tools that may be available for future heroes too, its almost intentionally left amigious as to what sorts of weapons id like to upgrade to or have as a side grade or whatever. I have seen some people with ideas i love like a rocket or grenade launcher but theres a whole world of possibilitys available and i don't think a whole new charecter needs to be created to explore that at this stage in the games life cycle.

But totes give me a rocket launcher some how :D

I am aware that if this item was to be purchased it would cost gold and have to incur buffs towards the buyer too, I'd have that be a flat bonus because if you were to consume 3 items from each item types to make a new flex only item, you are sacrificing only 1 flex slot for 3 whole other slots and that is kinda broken if not handled well.

A simple example of this idea;

Beeboop, removes the spinup time, converts beam into a pulse rifle (slow projectile high fire rate quake style) (or s^wars blast rifle lol) style....extra points for wilhelm scream on kill.
Grey Tallon; Heavy bolt. Remove automatic fire, shot launched on mouse click release. (kinda like huntsman sniper from tf2)
Viscous; goo mine (yeah i stole that from unreal tournament :D ) goo shots puddle together and can be released later by shooting them to explode or enemy walking over them.

These would be more examples of individual hero alternative fires but range from drastically diffferent in style to similar but varied, right up to (viscous example) an almost entirely different weapon that in the future perhapse another hero could occupy.

Back