Yamato/UI glitch on respawn

danielminguez

Had an issue when after dying as Yamato, my UI was glitched on respawn. The abilities didn't have a working UI and appeared as greyed out but I could still used them and they still had their cooldown, even if it wasn't showing.

The ammo/shooting was also affected as it wasn't showing up and had a noticeable delay between shots, and when trying to use abilities it did say something along the lines of "busy performing another action" despite the ability and shots still going through.

Another thing to mention, is that while this glitch state was going on, the fps were atrocious and the character movement and actions were very janky.

The glitch ended once I got killed. My theory is that the glitch was caused by dying during the activation of one of my abilities, possibly ability 2 or 3 on yamato.

I had a similar issue recently. Around 24:30 in match 442176, I started fighting Warden. I used several abilities, but I recall the 2 not working right in the moment and on replay it looks like I might have rooted by Warden as I was trying to use my 2.

From my recollection after that, my UI was all grey with a "Press Space to Cancel" element on the screen. I spend the next minute walking back to base trying to cancel the ability or whatever while spamming my abilities and shooting. Nothing was showing up on my screen in terms of gun or skill projectiles, ammo counter, ability cool downs etc. Jumping, movement, and using the lines were fine, but nothing else seemed to be working properly. Watching the replay, it would appear all of those abilities and shooting were in fact being used and registered by the game. The replay shows my ammo going down as I shoot, and my abilities going on cooldown after use. Around 25:30 I force quit the game, restart, and everything is fine again.

I can say that something similar to the OP above happened as well, perhaps on Yamato but I am not sure. Where my UI kinda greyed out and I couldn't see abilities or guns etc. I was killed shortly afterwards and that fixed the issue as it did for him.

This happened to me today. Was going to post about it, but I'll just dump the post here:

Game id: 2310350
time stamp: 16m36s
Character: Yamato
Bug description: From when I spawned until I died, my game was acting strangely with the following symptoms. I tried using my ultimate, etc random things, but nothing changed anything until I died and respawned.
  • I couldn't jump
  • UI was glitched -- I don't remember exactly, but I don't think I could see the ammo/stamina, but I did see the "press Space to cancel" or whatever indicator which you get during channel
  • My abilities were all greyed out like they weren't yet unlocked (but they worked fine)

There were probably other symptoms, but I don't remember clearly. I don't know what triggered the bug, but I remember thinking it may have been tied to my browsing items/builds while I was dead.

I want to second what OP said above, it felt like Yamato was stuck trying to channel an ability and was locked in a buggy trance state which caused the above symptoms.

Back