Viscous Changes

Boherusv2

Hello,

I've played a lot of Viscous prenerf and postnerf.

His ult has been gutted, in my opinion a little too much. Maybe reverting just this portion will help.
- Viscous: Goo Ball acceleration lowered a bit
- Viscous: Stunning or immobilizing Viscous now stops the ball from moving, and prevents him from doing damage and stunning

These 2 changes ontop of all the numerical nerfs make Viscous' ult feel horrendous to use.

Another change Viscous should see is make this upgrade read "Puddle Punch is now considered a Heavy Melee" and put the +20% movement slow baseline on the ability or on one of the other upgrades.
1724580127725.png

If none of those are viable and the ideal situation is Viscous being stuck as a support at least let cube's heal scale with spirit.

Also, please fix his gun. There's 2 characters in the game with constantly climbing recoil on their gun, Viscous and Shiv. Viscous without a doubt has the worst gun in the game. I know it's a copy of Kelvin's gun but it does not function the same as Kelvin's. Viscous' gun projectile travels at 152 m/s and 206 with HVM. The next closest is Warden at 213 m/s. Not only is it the slowest and has recoil (which so many other characters don't) it arcs down as it travels.

Last edited:
I don't like the suggestion of making puddle act like a punch. It adds another edge case that feels like it doesn't achieve much.

Viscous' ultimate was hilariously broken before. I haven't played him after the nerfs so I am not sure where we are at now, but prior to the patch a competent Viscous could kind of just win any teamfight for free and then also escape at mach 9. He's comparable to Pangolier in Dota 2, but with a much more flexible ultimate - and the latter was a competitive staple since his launch. He definitely needed some nerfs.

I don't like the suggestion of making puddle act like a punch. It adds another edge case that feels like it doesn't achieve much.

Viscous' ultimate was hilariously broken before. I haven't played him after the nerfs so I am not sure where we are at now, but prior to the patch a competent Viscous could kind of just win any teamfight for free and then also escape at mach 9. He's comparable to Pangolier in Dota 2, but with a much more flexible ultimate - and the latter was a competitive staple since his launch. He definitely needed some nerfs.
Puddle Punch is already a melee attack, just a Light Melee

I know I sound like a volunteer janitor here, but you really should reserve this feedback for the private Viscous gameplay forum. Last we've heard, Yoshi said they don't want open discussions like this thread so we don't unduly influence each other's feedback.

1724695203351.png

EDIT: Asked again just now to be sure, and it looks like this is still the case.

1724695940222.png

Last edited:
I know I sound like a volunteer janitor here, but you really should reserve this feedback for the private Viscous gameplay forum. Last we've heard, Yoshi said they don't want open discussions like this thread so we don't unduly influence each other's feedback.

View attachment 13215

EDIT: Asked again just now to be sure, and it looks like this is still the case.

View attachment 13219
You're right, I didn't even see this. I don't think I can delete my post though. I posted it in the private feedback, thanks.

Hello,

I've played a lot of Viscous prenerf and postnerf.

His ult has been gutted, in my opinion a little too much. Maybe reverting just this portion will help.
- Viscous: Goo Ball acceleration lowered a bit
- Viscous: Stunning or immobilizing Viscous now stops the ball from moving, and prevents him from doing damage and stunning

These 2 changes ontop of all the numerical nerfs make Viscous' ult feel horrendous to use.

Another change Viscous should see is make this upgrade read "Puddle Punch is now considered a Heavy Melee" and put the +20% movement slow baseline on the ability or on one of the other upgrades.
View attachment 12944

If none of those are viable and the ideal situation is Viscous being stuck as a support at least let cube's heal scale with spirit.

Also, please fix his gun. There's 2 characters in the game with constantly climbing recoil on their gun, Viscous and Shiv. Viscous without a doubt has the worst gun in the game. I know it's a copy of Kelvin's gun but it does not function the same as Kelvin's. Viscous' gun projectile travels at 152 m/s and 206 with HVM. The next closest is Warden at 213 m/s. Not only is it the slowest and has recoil (which so many other characters don't) it arcs down as it travels.
Ult: Increase the speed but also increase the bounceyness when pinballing around. Lil less control, more fun and harder to target.

Back