"Update Required" Bug Help?

Zerth_625

Anytime I try to launch the game, I get "Update Required: A newer version of the Steam Client is required to run this application."
The thing is, it's SOLELY Deadlock that gives this notice. I've launched all my other games and they run fine, just this one gives this error.
I've done everything on the freakin Steam Support page for Update & Installation Issues (https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/21F5-8D5D-0141-7A5E) short of deleting and uninstalling Steam itself, yet nothing has changed.
As it's JUST Deadlock that's causing this error to come up, I'm not deleting 600+ gbs of games for it.
If anyone has any suggestions not on Steams Support page for fixes, I'd appreciate it!
I got invited to play the game by a friend, but at this rate It's been more work to play than it seems it's worth.

Anytime I try to launch the game, I get "Update Required: A newer version of the Steam Client is required to run this application."
The thing is, it's SOLELY Deadlock that gives this notice. I've launched all my other games and they run fine, just this one gives this error.
I've done everything on the freakin Steam Support page for Update & Installation Issues (https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/21F5-8D5D-0141-7A5E) short of deleting and uninstalling Steam itself, yet nothing has changed.
As it's JUST Deadlock that's causing this error to come up, I'm not deleting 600+ gbs of games for it.
If anyone has any suggestions not on Steams Support page for fixes, I'd appreciate it!
I got invited to play the game by a friend, but at this rate It's been more work to play than it seems it's worth.
Check that Steam and your OS are up to date (also use the latest windows builds, don't use 1803 for example).

Check that Steam and your OS are up to date (also use the latest windows builds, don't use 1803 for example).
Yupp, that was in the Steam Support page for Update & Installation Issues as well, no changes. Also as it's only affecting one game, instead of all of my Steam games, doesn't seem likely to be a Steam-specific issue.

Back