Unsecured Souls = Secured BUG

Good catch. At higher levels, players who've spent the last five minutes jungling can secure that 1500 soul orb by just buying and selling the most expensive thing(s) they can before running off to team fight at their base Guardians. Of course, it could be worse -- unsecured souls are spent last, so there's a chance they don't have the slots to buy the three or four items that most closely add up to their current soul count, and maybe they don't have time to do the math.

Last edited:
The way it works is hacky and probably isn't an intended mechanic but I like there to be a way to secure your souls faster. Instead of how it works right now, I would make it so your unsecured souls convert into secured ones 15-20 times faster when you stand in the "secret" shop area (Not the base shop), or something like this. This way there's a quick way for you to secure your souls, but it's associated with some risk.

This is still the case as of today (I was gonna make my own post but the posting preview showed me this one which is awesome.) I actually find it kinda odd that the unsecured souls are not prioritized for spending, anyway. But they don't function exactly like unreliable gold in Dota so there may be some kind of risk factor involved with making them less priority for spending than secured souls.

I just find that kind of reasoning odd bc even without this exploit you just wait until you hit the # of souls needed for item then shop before farming more.

I asked Yoshi about this in #deadlock-chat today. I asked if it was intentional that souls could be laundered in this way and he thumbs downed "(n)" my message. So I think it's safe to say Yoshi has confirmed this as an unintentional mechanic.

I asked Yoshi about this in #deadlock-chat today. I asked if it was intentional that souls could be laundered in this way and he thumbs downed "(n)" my message. So I think it's safe to say Yoshi has confirmed this as an unintentional mechanic.
Surprised it hasn't been fixed, this post is a bit old atp.

Back