Unplayable FPS after lastest update (10-10-24)

Steam on NixOS (Linux 6.6.52 #1-NixOS SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Sep 18 17:24:10 UTC 2024 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT
Playing with DirectX 11/Vulkan doesn't affect the performance noticably.

Unplayable FPS/stutter since the update. Before I was allegedly getting around 57 fps stable, now it's averaging 40 and lows are in the 10s.

+1 I can't remember how much FPS I had before today's patch, but I had 0 issues. After today? I am getting 45~ (max 50) FPS with a 4070TI and 5800x3D. That should NOT be happening. It feels ever-so-slightly stuttery and feels so awful.

+1 games dropped from ~120fps in all situations to overall ~50fps
EDIT: this fixed itself after a pc restart and now I get the fps back
EDIT: with linux I still cant join any games except sandbox FIX: for this is to switch do dx11 mode from vulkan and it works perfectly again

Last edited:
After the last update, the FPS in the game decreased by half. The video card was loaded at 100 percent. Now in the game it is set to 40. If you increase the graphics settings, the load also increases, but the FPS is exactly the same. Previously, at low settings, the video card worked at 100 percent and produced 420 fps, now this value is 220

View attachment 2024-10-11 15-29-27.mp4
I did a bit of thinking, tried turning off the hud and it somehow returned my fps before the patch.
GPU RX 6600 with latest update. Enabled Anti-lag feature.
Also localization doesn't matter because it has to do with graphical stuff (I suppose). Played before on the other PC, which is 3060 and it was smooth for me.
Maybe IT IS cause of localization, but I haven't tried to English yet.
Also +1

Too many similar treads, so I'll just leave a link to this one, hope you'll check for science and comment there.

View attachment 23363
I did a bit of thinking, tried turning off the hud and it somehow returned my fps before the patch.
Also localization doesn't matter because it has to do with graphical stuff (I suppose). Played before on the other PC, which is 3060 and it was smooth for me.
Also +1
It's not localisation, I play with default language.

View attachment 23363
Also +1
Noticed the same. In bot matches my fps goes from 50-60 to 200+ without UI. Also, after the patch pressing Tab causing the fps to tank down into the 30s.

+1

40-50 FPS in game, but if i click ESC then have 144 FPS (locked) with rendering all game scene in background.

If i use console command "citadel_hud_visible false" i see 144 FPS

I think I found the problem, the problem is in the fonts at the top of the UI. Do you know any commands that can disable the top bar? If my hypothesis is correct, then we can fix it directly with a console command.

UPD:
Problem in Russian localization, maybe in fonts, after i reload game with English localization game play in stable 144 FPS. And anyway if i click ESC and - i take +10 FPS by turn off UI.
Problem in UI in all languages i think, but in Russian it's terrible problem with drop 100+ FPS.

FPS when match is started and all team have 0 souls (Russian localization):
1728674423514.png
FPS when players takes some number of souls (Russian localization):
1728674513314.png

FPS when match is started and all team have 0 souls (English localization):
1728674712077.pngFPS when players takes some number of souls (English localization):
1728674315627.png

1728674825133.png

Last edited:
I think I found the problem, the problem is in the fonts at the top of the UI. Do you know any commands that can disable the top bar? If my hypothesis is correct, then we can fix it directly with a console command.

UPD:
Problem in Russian localization, maybe in fonts, after i reload game with English localization game play in stable 144 FPS. And anyway if i click ESC and - i take +10 FPS by turn off UI.
Problem in UI in all languages i think, but in Russian it's terrible problem with drop 100+ FPS.

FPS when match is started and all team have 0 souls (Russian localization):
View attachment 23443
FPS when players takes some number of souls (Russian localization):
View attachment 23444

FPS when match is started and all team have 0 souls (English localization):
View attachment 23446FPS, когда игрок берет некоторое количество душ (английская локализация):
View attachment 23441

Thanks, bro. You're the best.
That really helped.

I am fixed this problem.

Last edited:
Back