Unable to launch game on Arch Linux

skeeballassault

I launched Deadlock on Wednesday for a short time to validate that it would work for me and was able to successful load to the menu in a few minutes - upon attempting to load the game today to play proper for the first time, the Vulkan shaders took a whole hour to load, and then the game simply did not launch after. Now when clicking the play button, the game seems to attempt to load as shown by the Steam UI and the goes right back to the play button as if the executable is silently failing in the background. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GPU: Radeon RX 5700
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Display server: X11
RAM: 16GB
Display driver: amdgpu

if you set your window mode to fullscreen edit this file: "Project8Staging/game/citadel/cfg/video.txt"
and set "setting.fullscreen" to "0"
also provide us what window manager are you using if the problem is not solved this way

if you set your window mode to fullscreen edit this file: "Project8Staging/game/citadel/cfg/video.txt"
and set "setting.fullscreen" to "0"
also provide us what window manager are you using if the problem is not solved this way
lol, thanks a lot... really didn't except this to work...

Not sure whether I should make a new thread or not, but I also cannot launch the game with Proton.
Running PROTON_LOG=1 steam shows the following output when attempting to launch the game:
chdir "/home/jce/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Project8Staging"
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jce/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jce/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jce/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
Adding process 16559 for gameID 1422450
Adding process 16560 for gameID 1422450
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam
Removing process 16560 for gameID 1422450
Removing process 16559 for gameID 1422450

System details:
Kernel: 6.9.7-arch1-1
Shell: zsh 5.9
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Plasma 6.1.2 [KF5 ] [Qt ] (wayland)
WM: kwin_wayland_wr
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (12) @ 3.4GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Reference RX 5700 XT
Memory: 31.26 GiB (19%)

Not sure whether I should make a new thread or not, but I also cannot launch the game with Proton.
Running PROTON_LOG=1 steam shows the following output when attempting to launch the game:

System details:
I had the same issue, installing Vulkan worked for me

Although it took a looong time to process shaders at the game launch...

What kernel are you using ?
Just the regular Arch kernel, as seen in the system details I posted earlier:

Also struggling to Launch.

Launch > Valve Logo > First splashscreen that says "Loading" > immediately ends the process > back to desktop

Let me know if I should start a new thread.

Resolution attempts:
- Update graphics driver
- Verify integrity of game files
- repeat relaunches
- running project8.exe as administrator

Issue persists without change

GPU: Nvidea GTX 3060
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Display server: X11
RAM: 32GB
Display driver: GeForce Game Ready Drivers 556.12

Just the regular Arch kernel, as seen in the system details I posted earlier: