The system crashes while playing deadlock (problem appeared on July 29th)

dphuntery

I have rtx 3070, R7 5700X, 32 GB, Windows 11

There was a problem - during the game, the picture freezes, the system does not respond and does not respond to the computer shutdown key. When you re-enter the game, the problem is not solved, but on the contrary, the time for this problem to occur again decreases. That is, if the system crashed first after an hour of play, then the next time it happens after 10 minutes and so on, up to the point that the system crashes in the first second during the game in the match (this problem exists in the sandbox).

But it does not appear in the main menuI tried to find crash logs of the game and the system, but I didn't find anything similar to this problem

p.s. I've been playing actively for a week, I'm meeting the problem for the first time

I had something similar, everything seemed normal and then the screen freezes, and everything shuts down as if the computer force shutdown button was held. Temps seem normal when playing the game, unsure what's going on.

I had something similar, everything seemed normal and then the screen freezes, and everything shuts down as if the computer force shutdown button was held. Temps seem normal when playing the game, unsure what's going on.
same thing happening to me, the pc is recently formatted, i stress tested everything with no error, temps are ok. I'm not sure what to try next.

This game will expose any issues related to stability issues, I highly recommend removing any over clocking on any component to see if this makes a difference. Might try removing XMP or enabling it if disabled for the RAM to see if this stabilizes things, overtime I'm sure the game will be brought into a state that runs more reliable on all sorts of hardware.

if you have a blue screen then you would at least have a dump located at c:\windows\minidumps that can be looked at to give you an idea of what might the cause be, I can take a look at these logs and give you an idea. The game itself also has dump files it creates when it crashes as well:
1. "..\steamapps\common\Project8Staging\game\bin\win64\project8_*_*_*_*_*.mdmp",
2. "..\Steam\dumps\crash_project8.exe_*_*.dmp";

I can also review these and they can point to what the issue is.

No luck disabling XMP, but i was able to stabilize the game undervolting and underclocking further my gpu and lowering a bit the video quality settings.
Now i don't know if its my gpu that is starting to deteriorate (3080) or just the game, the GPU passes stress tests and seems perfectly stable on other games but as wherethereisawillthereisaway said maybe just a little instability is enought at this stage of the game to completely crash the system.

No luck disabling XMP, but i was able to stabilize the game undervolting and underclocking further my gpu and lowering a bit the video quality settings.
Now i don't know if its my gpu that is starting to deteriorate (3080) or just the game, the GPU passes stress tests and seems perfectly stable on other games but as wherethereisawillthereisaway said maybe just a little instability is enought at this stage of the game to completely crash the system.
I doubt your video card is failing if you can stress it without failure. This game seems to have sensitivities to hardware\software configuration I've seen. Helped one person who had issues with their video card failing to server the frame fast enough: The fix was driver related. I wouldn't have considered doing an under-volt as it's not something the average person can do, so good job locking that in. I'll keep it in mind for the future for others.

I have a similar issue with a i9900k and 1080, 32 gb windows 10. But its basically a system deadlock. It wont trigger a blue screen but i have to hard reset the computer. Therefore its not creating any crash dumps. I have no overclocking and this only happens in Deadlock. I do realise it may not be a deadlock issue and i hope to find a way to get dumps and resolution.

similar issue - 13900k and rtx 3090. No errors when stress testing for multiple hours either my gpu or cpu. have tried default bios settings, undervolting gpu, turning off turbo mode, different drivers, reinstalled windows 11. This has suddenly happened after a recent patch for me where previously I played with impunity. Now, however, the game is basically unplayable as my pc just keeps crashing in game non stop.

I get no crashdump as there is no blue screen - my whole pc just locks up.

update to my post in hopes that it helps someone else with the same/similar issues.

I tried many fixes as above and the one that seems to have worked is manually updating my chipset driver.

Back