Texture rendering problem on old GPU

DonKidor

I have similiar problems with rendering like Texture rendering problem on weak PC.
My PC specs:
GTX 660 :)
8gb ram
Windows 10
i5-3570K

I also noticed error spamming in the console:
Code:
[Assert] C:\buildworker\citadel_rel_win64\build\src\rendersystem\dx\rendercontextdx11_software.cpp (1460) : AssertMsg Failed in function CRenderContextDx11_SoftwareCommandLists::DispatchComputeShader():
Trying to dispatch compute shader without binding one first!
When I set mat_fullbright to 1, it stopped spamming, but issue is still here.
Maybe that error will help.

Attachments

• 1722869317179.png
    1722869317179.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro with integrated graphics (Intel Iris Graphics 6100) and the fastest settings.20240825055040_1.jpg

Last edited:
Try dxvk-async if your driver is 470.82 and over:
  • Put dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll in the game folder
  • Set project8.exe to "Run as Administrator" in its right-click properties (this lets you launch it through Steam)

• Set project8.exe to "Run as Administrator" in its right-click properties (this lets you launch it through Steam)
It helped to remove those colored and shimmering textures. But now they are completely black, not what they should be

I've tried this on Windows 10. Attempting to launch the game errors with: "Failed to load rendersystemdx11.dll, which is the default rendersystem and should not fail to load. Please verify the game install in Steam."

Back