Stuttering/rubberbanding with low ping and high fps

crtrtripp76

Started experiencing periodic stuttering and rubberbanding throughout every game I play starting at around 4am EST on September 1st. Occurs mostly near teamfights and objectives. Examples recorded in a bot match as servers were down at the time, but it happens in matchmaking as well. FPS and ping both remain steady while its happening. I've tried reinstalling, verifying, updating my drivers, restarting my computer repeatedly, and adjusting/toggling every visual setting but the problem still remains. This bug makes the game unplayable for me as I will actively grief my team if I queue like this (I've tried).
View attachment stuttering.mp4

yeah i have the same thing happening most games. it seems to be way more frequent this week than in the prior month or so.

Same issue, but mine is more intense and it's like I play the game by myself for a few seconds and then i teleport back to where i was, usually dead because the bug has cost me a teamfight.

Guys, to not copy myself again, you can read this:

TLDR: it will eventually get better and don't waste time trying to fix something out of your scope.

It is not a networking issue, verified
Guys, to not copy myself again, you can read this:

TLDR: it will eventually get better and don't waste time trying to fix something out of your scope.

The issue described is certainly of networking nature regardless of it being provable or not on your end. Is it still happening or did it stop?
The issue is related to particle effects essentially overwhelming my computer due to lack of optimization. It always correlates with the amount of effects on screen or collision with crates/containers sometimes. It looks far more like cpu than networking.

Yes, it has been happening for over a month, it has not been fixed.

The issue is related to particle effects essentially overwhelming my computer due to lack of optimization. It always correlates with the amount of effects on screen or collision with crates/containers sometimes. It looks far more like cpu than networking.

Yes, it has been happening for over a month, it has not been fixed.
I understand why you think its the case about particles overwhelming your machine but you're on space shuttle compared to mine 2080 Super with i7-9700K.

Now, to be honest, when I watched your recent video posted in your original thread, this literally reminds me of the common AMD stuttering which I experienced on my own, even in Windows OS you can feel it when doing some basic tasks and getting that stutter. I imagine a person would need to first get used to the Intel PC build to notice it as someone who might be buying their first PC and going with AMD wouldn't be able to determine the unacceptability of those stutters. But that's beating around the bush, lets try to nail this down for you.

I can recommend; as your FPS is pretty solid and just occasionally drops to ~90, to go with these options for a test. Edit the video.txt file located at similar path as mine shown bolded below.
The lines starting with // are commented out and won't be in use until you delete // but I added it for you just in case you might wanna test those options as well.

The particle options are what you might want to try out. Low latency setting might also help, let me know your current value regardless of what you put. I think by default game has it on 1. You can also set it to 0 which could stop the stuttering on its own.

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Deadlock\game\citadel\cfg
XML:
"setting.r_low_latency"        "2"
// "setting.volume_fog_width"        "16"
// "setting.volume_fog_height"        "16"
// "setting.volume_fog_depth"        "16"
// "setting.csm_max_shadow_dist_override"        "1024.000000"
"setting.r_particle_depth_feathering"        "false"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base"        "3"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier"        "3.000000"

When you save the file, go to properties and make it Read Only, otherwise game might overwrite it if you change settings in game or on patch / update.

"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base" "0"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier" "0.000000"
"setting.r_particle_depth_feathering" "true"
"setting.volume_fog_width" "128"
"setting.volume_fog_height" "128"
"setting.volume_fog_depth" "64"
"setting.r_low_latency" "1"
"setting.csm_max_shadow_dist_override" "4096.000000"

Current Settings

I understand why you think its the case about particles overwhelming your machine but you're on space shuttle compared to mine 2080 Super with i7-9700K.

Now, to be honest, when I watched your recent video posted in your original thread, this literally reminds me of the common AMD stuttering which I experienced on my own, even in Windows OS you can feel it when doing some basic tasks and getting that stutter. I imagine a person would need to first get used to the Intel PC build to notice it as someone who might be buying their first PC and going with AMD wouldn't be able to determine the unacceptability of those stutters. But that's beating around the bush, lets try to nail this down for you.

I can recommend; as your FPS is pretty solid and just occasionally drops to ~90, to go with these options for a test. Edit the video.txt file located at similar path as mine shown bolded below.
The lines starting with // are commented out and won't be in use until you delete // but I added it for you just in case you might wanna test those options as well.

The particle options are what you might want to try out. Low latency setting might also help, let me know your current value regardless of what you put. I think by default game has it on 1. You can also set it to 0 which could stop the stuttering on its own.

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Deadlock\game\citadel\cfg
XML:
"setting.r_low_latency"        "2"
// "setting.volume_fog_width"        "16"
// "setting.volume_fog_height"        "16"
// "setting.volume_fog_depth"        "16"
// "setting.csm_max_shadow_dist_override"        "1024.000000"
"setting.r_particle_depth_feathering"        "false"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base"        "3"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier"        "3.000000"

When you save the file, go to properties and make it Read Only, otherwise game might overwrite it if you change settings in game or on patch / update.
if anything this actually was worse seemingly.

It seems like an optimization issue. A red dot appears in the bottom right every time these stutters happen. Kelvin Ice Path easily triggers it in sandbox even. My cpu doesnt raise above 33% in task manager and server cpu doesn't exceed 15%. I don't see frame drops or anything.

My specs being good doesn't mean anything unfortunately when the game is not optimized.

if anything this actually was worse seemingly.

It seems like an optimization issue. A red dot appears in the bottom right every time these stutters happen. Kelvin Ice Path easily triggers it in sandbox even. My cpu doesnt raise above 33% in task manager and server cpu doesn't exceed 15%. I don't see frame drops or anything.

My specs being good doesn't mean anything unfortunately when the game is not optimized.
That really makes no sense, how am I running the game on 165fps (locked) with no issues like you're having?

Back