Stuck Strafing in One Direction

I just experienced this with Dynamo stuck strafing left. If I exited the game (closed program completely) and relaunched/rejoined match controls were back to working correctly. Match ID 2507117.
I then played Dynamo again, and had the same issue in Match ID 2514970. This time I just left the match (went to main menu) and I was unable to rejoin the match to test if that corrected the stuck strafing issue.

Update: Just had the same issue happen with Infernus. Match ID 2740261. Mid match I did lose connection with the server and get kicked back to main menu. This time a rejoin option was available and when I rejoined the strafing issue was fixed.

Last edited:
I have had this issue happening on multiple occasions. It seems to be connected to leveling abilities while using other inputs. Additionally, in recent match (3254159 Infernus), the ability leveling functionality caused my camera to get locked, so I was unable to aim anywhere except straight ahead.

I have already tried rebinding my ability leveling to another key, but the issues still arises. This bug may possibly be connected to another bug I described here.

I am still experiencing frequent issues with varios heros stuck walking/strafing in one direction and/or stuck shooting. Match 5783890 with hero Paradox.

I have alt tabbed into a notepad to confirm it is not a keyboard issue with a key being stuck. I have also not been able to purposely recreate the bug but while trying I did manage to experience it in sandbox mode as well.

I am still experiencing frequent issues with varios heros stuck walking/strafing in one direction and/or stuck shooting. Match 5783890 with hero Paradox.

I have alt tabbed into a notepad to confirm it is not a keyboard issue with a key being stuck. I have also not been able to purposely recreate the bug but while trying I did manage to experience it in sandbox mode as well.
Confirming that I'm also still experiencing it and it definitely isn't a keyboard issue. Even ingame, you're able to write in chat as normal without any letters repeating, despite the character walking in one direction as if there was a repeated input.

Managed to pin down an exact in game time for this. Match 6409535 Grey Talon 58:12 I am stuck strafing backward and end up exiting the game/relaunching to fix. I'll continue to provide examples as I experience them.

Another example: Match 8910189 Haze stuck strafing right about 6:44 into the match. Shortly after I relaunched the game to fix.

Last edited:
Also experienced this multiple times, just recently in match 14339572 as the Yamato strafing left.

Interestingly, you can see me try to move right by holding the right key and actually successfully doing so by a tiny amount more than the left movement speed - seems like it isn't a key getting stuck (since that'd apply the same movement velocity no matter what you press presumably) but rather that the movement direction and speed keep getting applied even after the button is no longer pressed.

It always fixes itself after a quick disconnect and rejoin.

Back