(Spirit) Resist Scaling

Blet

I understand there is some sort of scaling mechanism for resists related to multiple items providing resists. I don't fully understand the formula but I understand the intention. I believe this is bugged for characters with negative resists from the start of the game.

To test I bought the following 6 items on Infernus, McGinnis, and Pocket: Healing Booster, Restorative Locket, Mystic Vulnerability, Cold Front, Pristine Emblem, and Improved Spirit Armor.
You can see in the provided pictures, Infernus has 65% spirit resist. With the same items McGinnis has 73% spirit resist. This shows that her starting spirit resist is taken into account when buying more items, it is not a flat 25%, but instead scaled like items. Pocket has 50% spirit resist, which is a flat 15% lower than standard. It seems the formula was told to make pocket's spirit resist an exception, but I believe the correct calculation should be based on current spirit resist.

The way I believe it should work is that pocket should be less than 15% spirit resist behind infernus with the same items, because with the current system, pocket's spirit resist from items quickly diminishes at low spirit resist values.

Attachments

• mcginnis_spirit_resist_scaling.png
    mcginnis_spirit_resist_scaling.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 10
  • standard(infernus)_spirit_resist_scaling.png
    standard(infernus)_spirit_resist_scaling.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 8
  • pocket_spirit_resist_scaling.png
    pocket_spirit_resist_scaling.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 8
Your screen are broken for me but

The way debuffs work is that they flat out reduce resistance so Pocket starts out with "debuff" and game first prioritizes 0-ing his resistance after which normal diminishing returns formula apply which can be also written easily like this:
1 - 45% = 0,55 - 15% = 0,4675 - 12% = 0,4114 etc so 58,86% spirit resist.

So basically debuffs are extremely powerful in this game and for Pocket advanced spirit armor is like 30% resist item so he needs more items to get armor's baseline but he doesn't hit diminishing returns faster - just needs more items to make up the difference.

Current meta doesn't have many big spirit protection items though which screws him over more than everyone else whereas Vindicta with negative bullet resist can make up the difference easier with many items providing bullet resist.

Your screen are broken for me but

The way debuffs work is that they flat out reduce resistance so Pocket starts out with "debuff" and game first prioritizes 0-ing his resistance after which normal diminishing returns formula apply which can be also written easily like this:
1 - 45% = 0,55 - 15% = 0,4675 - 12% = 0,4114 etc so 58,86% spirit resist.

So basically debuffs are extremely powerful in this game and for Pocket advanced spirit armor is like 30% resist item so he needs more items to get armor's baseline but he doesn't hit diminishing returns faster - just needs more items to make up the difference.

Current meta doesn't have many big spirit protection items though which screws him over more than everyone else whereas Vindicta with negative bullet resist can make up the difference easier with many items providing bullet resist.
This is a good explanation of the formula, but I still believe this to be a bad way to calculate it for negative resistances.

In theory if there were enough spirit resist items in the game, every hero would be able to achieve 99% resist, and heroes like McGinnis would be able to achieve it with fewer items. However pocket would only ever be able to achieve 84% resist no matter how many items he bought. I believe this to be a bug, and think the way negative resistances (as a hero attribute, not status effects) are applied should change.

Back