Six Item Ideas

NonPotato

Disclaimer: These stats are definitely not tuned. It's hard to come up with balanced stats when you haven't tested the mechanics, so I didn't focus on the numbers.

Big Blast - Spirit - Tier 2
+2 Burst/Scatter Fire Bullet Amount
+15% Air Jump/Dash Distances

Passive:
Landing an entire burst/scatter on a single target inflicts an additional bullet's worth of damage to the target.

Requires:
Weapon with burst/scatter fire (Paradox, Abrams, Pocket, Yamato, etc...)

The stats are kind of random, but the general concept looks interesting to me. There are two main weapons that this would effect: shotguns and burst action rifles. For shotguns, it encourages close quarters combat and good aim to capitalize off of the ability's passive. Burst action rifles also benefit from this a decent amount, but there are caveats. Unlike shotguns and scatter guns, burst fire weapons would use additional ammo. If it weren't for the fact that Lash has neither recoil nor weapon spread, I would say this is balanced. Yamato may also be problematic depending on how the additional bullets are spread out. Adding a weapon spread or recoil penalty might solve these problems, but I would prefer to keep penalties and tradeoffs limited to high-tier items.

Blast Burner - Spirit - Tier 3
+3 Burst/Scatter Fire Bullet Amount (+5 total)
+1 Stamina
+0.2 Recoil Punch

Passive:
Landing an entire burst/scatter on a single target ignites the target. Reigniting a target refreshes the effect duration.
Duration: 3 Seconds
Damage: 15 DPS

Requires:
Big Blast

The recoil penalty is unusual, but Lash needs it. The DPS can't be too high because Seven would turn the pain up to eleven, so it would probably be better to improve the duration instead of the damage. This would also benefit shotgun heroes, who can't reignite people as consistently as burst heroes can. If all else, I think this would be a blast to play with.

Kinetic Feedback - Vitality - Tier 2
+10% Stamina Recovery

Active:
Temporarily recover stamina by dealing damage.
Damage To Stamina Ratio: 200:1
Max Stamina Gain: 2
Duration: 5 Seconds
Cooldown: 25 Seconds

Depending on how this plays out, this might have to be limited to damaging players. Being able to use troopers as stamina packs may be interesting, so I'm not going to leave it out as a possibility. Also, I really want to call it Kinetic Kickback, but "feedback" just sounds better.

Stamina Siphon - Vitality - Tier 2
+10% Spirit Lifesteal

Active:
Temporarily recover stamina by dealing damage.
Damage To Stamina Ratio: 100:1
Max Stamina Gain: 1
Duration: 3 Seconds
Cooldown: 15 Seconds

I think it would be interesting to give this a unique spin instead of just making it a spirit version of Kinetic Feedback. You could make it a passive, but that wouldn't be as interesting.

Land Lover - Spirit - Tier 1
+15% Slide Distance

Passive:
+10 spirit power while on the ground (+15 total)

Vindicta.

Momentum Manifest - Spirit - Tier 3
+2m/s Sprint Speed
+50 Spirit Armor

Passive:
Gain a temporary speed boost when your spirit armor is depleted.
+1.5m/s Move Speed
+50% Stamina Recovery
Duration: 6 Seconds

Active:
Consume your spirit armor in exchange for an extended speed boost.
Armor To Duration Ratio: 75:1
Cooldown: 45 Seconds

Is this a good item? Probably not. Is it an interesting mechanic? Maybe. Is the cooldown redundant? Yes.

Notes:

Big Blast and Blast Burner were both originally going to be weapon mods, but that was before I decided to make Blast Burner ignite people.

Blast Burner was originally going to be called Back Blast, but it had nothing to do with actual backblast.

Kinetic Feedback would have amplified your damage based on how fast you were moving, but I scrapped that idea for a few reasons.

Stamina Siphon would have siphoned stamina, but I decided that was a terrible mechanic that should never be added to any item ever.

Land Lover is just to encourage people to start dash-sliding. Also, I want to slide all the way down the stairs above mid-boss.

Momentum Manifest can be amazing or terrible depending on how it's added. On one hand: you can hunt someone down. On the other hand: they can run away.

Last edited:
Back