Siphon bullets

eliasmo7

this post is to talk about siphon bullets, i know the devs might have already checked all of what im going to talk about here but its good to know if i can have a definitive answer about this item

-first of all, we need a stack counter, i need to know how many siphon permanent stacks i have, glass cannon needs it too, i bet its not that hard to make
-is there a reason why siphon bullets damage is not considered spirit damage? yeah i guess its because the take hp thing, but at least differenciate it from the spirit damage color number, would be great!
-is too op to ask for siphon bullets to be able to proc escalating exposure? in my opinion yes it should be super strong, but i'll leave the idea here anyways 👀
-change the description of the item, it says "permanently steal one stack of health if a siphoned target dies", which implies you get a stack if anyone kills the siphoned target, but this is incorrect, you only get a permanent stack ONLY if you kill the siphoned target, otherwise it doesnt count. if this is what its meant to do then change the description or make it to work on assists, i guess it would be way too op if you get a permanent stack even if you dont get the kill, i get it, just make it clear in the item description.

thats it for today, i really love this item. have a good day

Its called visual noise, would you want to have 5 or more different counters, or filling up bars on left of your screen, every time you fight? Also if you could see stacks on item, enemies would be able too. So idk about that, its better for the user as it is now.
They made it into different type of damage on purpose to not have synergy with spirit items.
Description can be more clear as with glass cannon, but you can test it out or understand it in context of this game, as glass cannon stacks works the same way.

Its called visual noise, would you want to have 5 or more different counters, or filling up bars on left of your screen, every time you fight? Also if you could see stacks on item, enemies would be able too. So idk about that, its better for the user as it is now.
They made it into different type of damage on purpose to not have synergy with spirit items.
Description can be more clear as with glass cannon, but you can test it out or understand it in context of this game, as glass cannon stacks works the same way.
i believe having the stack number on top of the item is great. it shows how much value you're getting out of it. no reason to not have it tbh.

yea description can be more clear and i know its the same for glass cannon, but maybe just point out that it needs to be kills only then, with glass cannon it makes sense because that item increases your damage absurdly, however siphon bullets doesnt do that. you want that item on characters that can sustain a long teamfight, it doesnt give damage and probably the heroes getting the kills aren't getting siphon bullets. they rather get other items to be honest. so why this item has to be kill only to get stacks? its kinda hard to get kills for those stacks.. also losing 2 on deaths which makes it more punishable.

i suggest that this item should get stacks from assists as well. shouldn't make it too strong, its just fair, tbh.

i believe having the stack number on top of the item is great. it shows how much value you're getting out of it. no reason to not have it tbh.

yea description can be more clear and i know its the same for glass cannon, but maybe just point out that it needs to be kills only then, with glass cannon it makes sense because that item increases your damage absurdly, however siphon bullets doesnt do that. you want that item on characters that can sustain a long teamfight, it doesnt give damage and probably the heroes getting the kills aren't getting siphon bullets. they rather get other items to be honest. so why this item has to be kill only to get stacks? its kinda hard to get kills for those stacks.. also losing 2 on deaths which makes it more punishable.

i suggest that this item should get stacks from assists as well. shouldn't make it too strong, its just fair, tbh.
Item itself is bad, no one gonna buy as core item. They maybe want to do everything you want, but they want to do it right, without a lot of bars on your screen everytime you do something.

Imagine if siphon would work on assists...
Everyone would get siphon without questions, why ? Because a kill would net you 6 siphon stacks across the team, but death would lose you 2 siphon stacks across the team.
The snowball potential would be insane, eventually a team with 6 siphon items would fight vs chars that are oneshots.

Imagine if siphon would work on assists...
Everyone would get siphon without questions, why ? Because a kill would net you 6 siphon stacks across the team, but death would lose you 2 siphon stacks across the team.
The snowball potential would be insane, eventually a team with 6 siphon items would fight vs chars that are oneshots.
thank you for pointing out the obvious balancing flaw with making it on assist would be. some people on here don't consider the possibilities of what they think would be balanced

Back