Shiv dies to Affliction (pocket ult)

Title. Specifically, part of the DoT from Affliction gets turned into Shiv's "Deferred Damage" that he takes over time, which is lethal. Probably less of a bug and more a weird interaction, but I doubt that its intended.

Update, tried to reproduce in practice mode, ult did not kill on its own. However, if you threw in any sort of other damage, it does. I think I misunderstood what happened, and another damage source got mixed into the "Deferred Damage", and it just lasted long enough for me to think only affliction was damaging me.

Update, tried to reproduce in practice mode, ult did not kill on its own. However, if you threw in any sort of other damage, it does. I think I misunderstood what happened, and another damage source got mixed into the "Deferred Damage", and it just lasted long enough for me to think only affliction was damaging me.
Yep can confirm.

Pockets ult does not kill you if it is the only damage source:
View attachment Only ult.mp4

Pocket ult + additional damage from any other source:
View attachment ult + additional damage.mp4

Pocket ult + additional damage from any other source + using S3:
View attachment ult + additional damage + S3.mp4

Using your S3 active will not save you in most cases when you get hit with all sorts of damage:
View attachment match scenario.mp4

The logic behind it makes sense, but it feels really shitty when you survive the encounter, you 'heal' with your third ability and the ticking Pocket ult still kills you :/

Back