Seemingly Random Disconnects Mid-game

pxlsynergy

Hello, today I played Deadlock and disconnected 4 times across 2 games (Match ID: 5518815 and 5496667), this also happened a few days ago. While my personal internet connection is not the best (ping spikes in other games) this is a Deadlock only issue as far as I can tell because I can still hear and speak to my friends on Discord and also use the internet on my PC in general.

After freezing for about 15 seconds I am sent to the main menu and am able to rejoin except for one time where I wasn't given the option. I am playing on oceanic servers if that helps, and also important to note that I am playing on Linux via Proton-GE.

I have heard that people have gotten banned for leaving matches and would like that to not happen to me. Does anyone else have this issue and/or is there anything I can do about it?

Update: I have been playing for a few more days now and I'm not sure if its coincidence but changing the Linux runtime from Proton-GE to Proton Experimental seemed to fix it. I also tried Proton 9.0-2 and it seemed to put me at a constant 130ms of ping compared to my usual 30ms.

Not sure how Proton versions affect ping but that's just my observations and it could be coincidence

Back